Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701677 times)

Sareena

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #803 on: August 29, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
But how is speculating about how our group has formed and what we are about. How does that help?

Can I ask, what the aim of your group is? You must support one supermarket over another. Those who don't like the Co-op's prices are not going to like Tesco's are they?

Why 'must' we support one supermarket over another?? We all have our preferences. We are not all one person with one view.

Duke Fame

« Reply #802 on: August 29, 2011, 11:16:39 PM »
I agree that some people can do internet shopping, I do. But before I added up that it costs over 200 quid a year!! Mine varies between 4-6 pounds a week for delivery so it could top 300 quid. It's not free at all and with a large family we spend quite a lot. Not everyone can spare that money.

You said before, you an't walk and don't have a car. If you get the bus from one end of marple to another it's £1.25 each way. You say you take all your kids shopping so that must be 60p each on top so if you get a delivery, you have saved £2.50 for yourself & £1.20 for each offspring. Your marginal cost for delivery can be as little as 30p assuming you only have one child, if you have more than one, you are in the money.

JMC

« Reply #801 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:56 PM »
I agree that some people can do internet shopping, I do. But before I added up that it costs over 200 quid a year!! Mine varies between 4-6 pounds a week for delivery so it could top 300 quid. It's not free at all and with a large family we spend quite a lot. Not everyone can spare that money.

Duke Fame

« Reply #800 on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:35 PM »
But how is speculating about how our group has formed and what we are about. How does that help?

Can I ask, what the aim of your group is? You must support one supermarket over another. Those who don't like the Co-op's prices are not going to like Tesco's are they?

Smithy166

« Reply #799 on: August 29, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
I'm not speculating about how it was formed or why. I'm just stating that some people say its a campaign and some people say it isn't.
Now, At the risk of causing a "firestorm" on this thread I think we should leave this particular subject rest and move onto something else.

Sareena

« Reply #798 on: August 29, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »

Smithy166

« Reply #797 on: August 29, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »
I think maybe you are reading too much into it. Some people want to do more that others to help but our only aim really is to let it be heard that we do want this to happen. You all seem so confused by the fact that some people have different opionions, and go about things in different ways.

You should really stop reading in to it and stick to your own cause.
This is my cause, As this proposed development would directly impact me in a negative manner.

Sareena

« Reply #796 on: August 29, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »
I think maybe you are reading too much into it. Some people want to do more that others to help but our only aim really is to let it be heard that we do want this to happen. You all seem so confused by the fact that some people have different opionions, and go about things in different ways.

You should really stop reading in to it and stick to your own cause.

Smithy166

« Reply #795 on: August 29, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »
The interesting thing is that someone stated that the "yes" campaign wasn't actually a campaign, and yet some people say it is? I'm just confused now.
I must agree with you Trixie, It does seem a bit odd, why would tescos/asda shed out 12 million for a huge site, if they were only going to build a titchy thing on it? I smell foul play!
Another interesting thing is that the "yes" campaigners appear to be adamant that tesco is going to be built, Seems a Little fishy. But as usual I have nothing to base anything I have said here on, apart from my own thoughts that are not in any way influenced by fact or fiction.

sooty2

« Reply #794 on: August 29, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »

This next comment has been copied by someone who is STILL waiting to get onto this site.....he writes...

"Miss Marple, please point us in the direction of the evidence for the Tesco Extra, or Asda Supercentre which is supposedly being planned on the site.

We are working on a statement to summarise the Yes campaign and it will be a quite different statement from MIA's one in that it will not be based on crystal ball gazing".

[/quote] I can only presume that the buyer wouldn't spend all that money on a huge site if they didn't want to build a huge store. what would be the point?

Sareena

« Reply #793 on: August 29, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »
I don't understand the Yes to a Supermarket  campaign it's very confusing, do they want just another supermarket anywhere in MARPLE  or a Tesco Extra type store on HIBBERT lane, they  need to be  clear and not confuse  the community.  MIA always gives a clear message which is we do not want a supermarket of that size built on the Hibbert  Lane site    Can anyone explain what it's about  ???

There is not much to understand really. We would like a supermarket on Hibbert Lane. We all have similar reasons why we would like this to go ahead but I cant speak for everyone who has joined the facebook page.

mum_of_2

« Reply #792 on: August 29, 2011, 10:21:08 PM »
I don't understand the Yes to a Supermarket  campaign it's very confusing, do they want just another supermarket anywhere in MARPLE  or a Tesco Extra type store on HIBBERT lane, they  need to be  clear and not confuse  the community.  MIA always gives a clear message which is we do not want a supermarket of that size built on the Hibbert  Lane site    Can anyone explain what it's about  ???

This next comment has been copied by someone who is STILL waiting to get onto this site.....he writes...

"Miss Marple, please point us in the direction of the evidence for the Tesco Extra, or Asda Supercentre which is supposedly being planned on the site.

We are working on a statement to summarise the Yes campaign and it will be a quite different statement from MIA's one in that it will not be based on crystal ball gazing".

mum_of_2

« Reply #791 on: August 29, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
From what I can gather from my "interseting" conversation I've had with them on there facebook page (other than they like swearing, alot) the campagin seems to be based on the Co-op's pricing, and the "lack of choice in local shops". They also mentioned something about not being able to get to somewhere cheaper, which is fair enough, but if you have the internet why not internet shop? You get free delivery with some places to!

Some shops have a certain minimum you have to spend before you can get delivery (up to £5 delivery charge)...take asda for example....you have to spend a minimum of £25 online.....what if people only have £20 spare?

Smithy166

« Reply #790 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
From what I can gather from my "interseting" conversation I've had with them on there facebook page (other than they like swearing, alot) the campagin seems to be based on the Co-op's pricing, and the "lack of choice in local shops". They also mentioned something about not being able to get to somewhere cheaper, which is fair enough, but if you have the internet why not internet shop? You get free delivery with some places to!

mum_of_2

« Reply #789 on: August 29, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
I don't understand the Yes to a Supermarket  campaign it's very confusing, do they want just another supermarket anywhere in MARPLE  or a Tesco Extra type store on HIBBERT lane, they  need to be  clear and not confuse  the community.  MIA always gives a clear message which is we do not want a supermarket of that size built on the Hibbert  Lane site    Can anyone explain what it's about  ???

Firstly miss marple, the people of the 'yes to the supermarket campaign, want a supermarket either on hibbert lane (which seems the most likely place right now), we only want one big enough to do a family shop...and not a tesco/asda local. We do not want a tesco extra like the one in portwood....as we all know that marple is too small for a super store like that.
The People of the MIA need to understand that 'yes to the supermarket' is only at the 1st stages of our campaign, gathering information, giving opinions and in talks of what to do.....we do not mean to confuse anyone....