A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701727 times)

Cyberman

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #548 on: August 05, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
"She has a duty to get the best possible price for the land she needs to sell in order to provide better facilities for our young people."

Doesn't better facilities include a better environment to live in outside the college? Less traffic pollution, an environment with decent community spirit, an infrastruture of small businesses to provide employment, and a town where the college is seen as a values and trusted neighbour, not a trojan horse?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #547 on: August 05, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »
I'm in agreement about the personal comments and Miss M and I have discussed her post in question. She did agree that I could delete it but instead I have just removed the personal items that several of you have referred to. I didn't wish to remove it altogether because it has some very valid points in it, not least that the college would have preferred to keep things quiet until they had a done deal.

The suggestion made to me that the principal and college cannot answer back though is not correct. A representative of the college is perfectly at liberty to register with the forum and respond to the many criticisms that have been directed at the way they have behaved over this matter so far and how they have disregarded any responsibility to the community that they are part of.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Smithy166

« Reply #546 on: August 05, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
I wounder weither we could conveince the college to split the site into 2 halfs? by spliting the site up we effectivley kill 2 birds with one stone, because there limiting the size of the supermarket that could be built, and were still allowing the college to site the site. Although we'd have to make sure that we had a buyer lined up for one half of the site.

Miss Marple

« Reply #545 on: August 05, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
Well at least it's keeping the momentum so I am happy with that   ;D

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #544 on: August 05, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »
Tears?  Really?  

I agree its no use the personal attacks.. you will alienate alot of potential supporters.  Shes been doing her job and is now playing catch up.  I think  that an attempt at a compromise needs to be made.  

They HAVE to sell it, they need to provide better facilities... in theory the more money the better however i think the college needs to consider the community and maybe getting the community involved in the decision making process.. and possibly losing out on a bit of money but having the community behind them would be a better solution.

Surely its in the colleges interest to get the local community behind them at this stage and maybe we should be approaching them for conciliatory meetings? If they decide they want to do it behind closed doors then yep go for them but as a whole not individually.

BUT we need ideas.. we know what we dont want.. but what will we accept that maximises their profit and how can we get some other bidder involved??
Miss marple.. i cant really blame her for not wanting to meet you... even I might be frightened considering the rhetoric on here..

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #543 on: August 05, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »
I think these personal attacks on Ms Cassidy should stop.

She has a duty to get the best possible price for the land she needs to sell in order to provide better facilities for our young people.

+1
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Maria

« Reply #542 on: August 05, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »
She does have a duty to the students but I do not believe it should simply go to the highest bidder-what is needed is fine but not selling off to the highest bidder at the expense of the surrounding area and the people who live on the doorstep.  I maintain it can be sold in a way that doesn't anger the community but still ensures the Buxton lane campus can be developed-I think if they would meet the general public rather than it all being cloak and dagger it would put a lot of rumour to rest.

Harry

« Reply #541 on: August 05, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
I think these personal attacks on Ms Cassidy should stop.

She has a duty to get the best possible price for the land she needs to sell in order to provide better facilities for our young people.

Miss Marple

« Reply #540 on: August 05, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »
I was speaking to the press yesterday and they were speaking about a couple of cases they had reported on where the supermarkets had won even after years of local opposition.   BUT ! In those cases the community did not become aware until after it had gone to planning.  So this is where we are different, we did get to know before it went to planning and was able to start our campaign early this is where we stand a better chance  according to people who have followed other super markets v communities.   If it had been left to {*the college} the first we would have known about it was when someone noticed an A4 piece of paper stuck to a lamppost informing us that plans could be seen in the library.

*This post has been edited with the agreement of the originator. Admin

Miss Marple

« Reply #539 on: August 04, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »
That's great news !

Smithy166

« Reply #538 on: August 04, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
I have reported the 'theft' of our posters to the police and the press are interested too. The college have denied any responsibility for employing someone to take them down. Apparently, 2 men in a red car have been seen removing them from people's houses. If anyone can get the registration number of the car concerned, out Community Police Officers would like to have it.

Execellent news!

squirrel123

« Reply #537 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
I have reported the 'theft' of our posters to the police and the press are interested too. The college have denied any responsibility for employing someone to take them down. Apparently, 2 men in a red car have been seen removing them from people's houses. If anyone can get the registration number of the car concerned, out Community Police Officers would like to have it.

Smithy166

« Reply #536 on: August 04, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »
Just wondered if anyone knows the identity of the people who have been removing the red protest posters? Someone came onto our proerty at about midnight last night and removed both of ours. Technically, I think this is trespass....I'd be very interested if anyone has their details or sees their registration number.

It is trespass... It is also theft. Hopefully, they (whoever "they" are) won't win and the residents of Marple won't be too scared to put posters on their property. For every one that gets taken down, we should put up ten! Any property that is near enough to the road could put them inside their windows too. The shops have now got them inside. They won't get them all!
I aggree that we should print more and mroe posters etc, however, i think we need to clearly mark on the posters etc that "this poster is property of Marple-in-action. any party who steals this poster will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." We should also moniter each poster that is easily accesible by anyone, maybe set up a camera so that we can catch however is trying to steal these as a last resort in hopes of stopping us stopping CAMSFC selling the site.

Belle Star

« Reply #535 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »
Just wondered if anyone knows the identity of the people who have been removing the red protest posters? Someone came onto our proerty at about midnight last night and removed both of ours. Technically, I think this is trespass....I'd be very interested if anyone has their details or sees their registration number.

It is trespass... It is also theft. Hopefully, they (whoever "they" are) won't win and the residents of Marple won't be too scared to put posters on their property. For every one that gets taken down, we should put up ten! Any property that is near enough to the road could put them inside their windows too. The shops have now got them inside. They won't get them all!

Miss Marple

« Reply #534 on: August 04, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »

Shark Sandwich's comments are good.
Shark sandwich's? now i'm confused...
Anway, back on topic
I'm getting a sense of foul play with regards to a dissapearing signs, as its seems like it could be more than coincidence that more than 1 sign has been taken down, and in more than one location.
If you don't mind me asking, what area(s) have the signs been