Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701844 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #533 on: August 04, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »

Shark Sandwich's comments are good.
Shark sandwich's? now i'm confused...
Anway, back on topic
I'm getting a sense of foul play with regards to a dissapearing signs, as its seems like it could be more than coincidence that more than 1 sign has been taken down, and in more than one location.
If you don't mind me asking, what area(s) have the signs been removed from?

[/quote]

Maria Lives on Hibbert Lane, I noticed a house on the cescent of houses that had a dedicated pole for their sign that was signless but didn't give it much notice.

Smithy166

« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »

Shark Sandwich's comments are good.
[/quote]
Shark sandwich's? now i'm confused...
Anway, back on topic
I'm getting a sense of foul play with regards to a dissapearing signs, as its seems like it could be more than coincidence that more than 1 sign has been taken down, and in more than one location.
If you don't mind me asking, what area(s) have the signs been removed from?

Duke Fame

« Reply #530 on: August 04, 2011, 10:16:20 AM »
It's a red car-that is all I know but it is trespass-ours was removed too late last night.

There was a commotion last night. Miss Marple, I think you have a story for the press there.

Maria

« Reply #529 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:47 AM »
It's a red car-that is all I know but it is trespass-ours was removed too late last night.

squirrel123

« Reply #528 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:01 AM »
Just wondered if anyone knows the identity of the people who have been removing the red protest posters? Someone came onto our proerty at about midnight last night and removed both of ours. Technically, I think this is trespass....I'd be very interested if anyone has their details or sees their registration number.

Smithy166

« Reply #527 on: August 03, 2011, 09:04:01 PM »
Well another busy day !   I have spoken to ASDA land buyers. and TESCO Head office but all deny intrest in the land which didn't surprise me but I think it surprised them that we knew something.    I have contacted Andrews Stunell office to ask him to attend our rally in the park and to ask him why he didn't attend the last one ?  but he is not as yet back from holiday !  I have also sent an invitation to Ms Cassidy, Mr Hubert and the governors  to invite them to our Rally in the park (information to follow soon  )  4 days ago but I have not had a response which is strange, I thought we got on really well when I met Ms Cassidy at out last meeting, just shows what a bad judge of People  I am Now what else ? Oh YES ! I am in the local  Stockport Express Advertiser at the area committee meeting !  WOW ! pity it's not better colour quality to let my blue rinse shine through  :P.

Is this the article? http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1454010_supermarket-land-row-meeting-moved-to-park-after-room-proves-too-small-as-hundreds-attend

Miss Marple

« Reply #526 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
Well another busy day !   I have spoken to ASDA land buyers. and TESCO Head office but all deny intrest in the land which didn't surprise me but I think it surprised them that we knew something.    I have contacted Andrews Stunell office to ask him to attend our rally in the park and to ask him why he didn't attend the last one ?  but he is not as yet back from holiday !  I have also sent an invitation to Ms Cassidy, Mr Hubert and the governors  to invite them to our Rally in the park (information to follow soon  )  4 days ago but I have not had a response which is strange, I thought we got on really well when I met Ms Cassidy at out last meeting, just shows what a bad judge of People  I am Now what else ? Oh YES ! I am in the local  Stockport Express Advertiser at the area committee meeting !  WOW ! pity it's not better colour quality to let my blue rinse shine through  :P.

sgk

« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2011, 01:40:13 PM »
... loss of sports facilities and greenspace etc.

It's tragic that in the very year the UK hosts the London Olympics, we could be seeing Marple's sporting facilities (gym, sports hall, swimming baths) razed to the ground.

Miss Marple

« Reply #524 on: August 03, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
We have got some good press coverage in the Stockport Express and on the news boards so things are moving  :o

chicken lady

« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2011, 08:54:57 AM »

It may be helpful for someone from Marple in Action to contact the Dr Stephen Watkins, Director of Public Health at NHS Stockport. He would certainly be involved in discussing any planning application with the local authority, but would also want to assess any potential health risks to the local population of any new development, due to increased engine emissions, noise and light pollution, loss of sports facilities and greenspace etc. The main switchboard number of NHS Stockport is 426 9000.

Smithy166

« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Is it me or does the line "Should you have any further queries in this regard do please let me know." seem slighty "stuck up"?

ALso, i've had a few ideas with regards to the marple in action campaign.
First, maybe a E-mail mailing list?
The idea behind this is that it might be easier to keep people informed with important news, insted of them having to check the forum everyday.
Leading on form this is the idea of a blog, which serves the same purpose of the mailing list. however, the blog would, in some cases, be more flexible, because it would enable users to comment on the "post" with there ideas and thoughts.
If you guys need help setting the mailing list up, or setting the blog up let me know :)

Miss Marple

« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
One can only hope that the glass has shattered due to all the objections that are hopefully being shouted at Ms Cassidy in the countless meetings she is having which makes her unavailable for comment !  Here's hoping  :D

Maria

« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
I know Dave, just frustrating that they seem to suggest will sign contracts in October yet waste money replacing windows in August.  Planning may take years but selling the site may not-that is my worry.

Dave

« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
Thanks Maria - that's a clear and useful statement from the college. It's not likely to set many minds at rest, but it may help to clarify the key issues.
Re your point about replacing windows, this issue is likely to drag on for years, and as long as the college is working in the buildings, routine maintenance will obviously have to continue.