Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 702136 times)

Marple Business Forum

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »
Is Marple College a member of the Business Forum ?  A little birdie just told me it is  ???

No, the College is not a member of the MBF.

Miss Marple

« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »
I am aware of that Dave !  I would just like someone from the Business forum to confirm that the college is not a member of the Business Forum

Miss Marple

« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »
Every councillor gave me assurances that the land could only be used for housing  :-\. You couldn't make it up could you.  

There may be nothing wrong with what the councillors said.  I believe the whole area around Hibbert Lane is zoned for housing in the SMBC Structure Plan, or whatever it's called.  But that doesn't prevent someone applying for planning consent for retail use.  Whether the application is likely to succeed is another matter, of course........

On another question, I have had a look at the Business Forum website, and camsfc does not appear to be listed as a member, surprisingly.  
I am aware of that Dave !  I would just like someone from the Business forum to tell me if the college is a member or not

Dave

« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:56 AM »
Every councillor gave me assurances that the land could only be used for housing  :-\. You couldn't make it up could you.   

There may be nothing wrong with what the councillors said.  I believe the whole area around Hibbert Lane is zoned for housing in the SMBC Structure Plan, or whatever it's called.  But that doesn't prevent someone applying for planning consent for retail use.  Whether the application is likely to succeed is another matter, of course........

On another question, I have had a look at the Business Forum website, and camsfc does not appear to be listed as a member, surprisingly. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2011, 08:09:39 AM »
Can someone from the Business forum please  tell me if Ridge College is a member of that body. I think it would be of interest to know given this latest development,   :o. I don't want to look on the members list, I would just like an answer if that's possible from somebody from the Business forum

Johnnyboy

« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:39 AM »
Just had a thought folks on all these major stores moving to marple,tesco, asda, morrisons have been mentioned. If the good people of marple don't put a stop to this we'll probably end up with a retail park on the roman lakes!!! Woe is me!!! Say no....while you still can!!! Have a nice day!  :o

Duke Fame

« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »
Is Marple College a member of the Business Forum ?  A little birdie just told me it is  ???

Take a look at the list on the web Shiela, they have a list of members.

Miss Marple

« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2011, 11:04:57 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »
I have just re emailed all our local councillors to ask as to why they were not up to speed on this even when they had been alerted months ago.  Every councillor gave me assurances that the land could only be used for housing  :-\. You couldn't make it up could you.   Andrew Stunnel has not as yet replyed to the email I sent him 8 weeks ago.   There is an Area Council Meeting I think at the end of the month  I hope this fiasco is high on the agenda

Dave

« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2011, 10:43:17 PM »
The disposal of council land must be subject to council control,

This is not council land.  Sixth form colleges are autonomous bodies, independent of local authorities.

Miss Marple

« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2011, 10:34:25 PM »
It's a strange old world isn't it because Mr Hubert ( Finance ) Ridge College assured me today that they had not as yet had talks with the LA CE   :-\
Not quite sure then why when the staff at the college were told of the plans they were asked to keep quiet about it until after the local council elections. 
Yes that's right Mable  that's where I got the information from, but sadly it was given to me after the local elections

NeilCorrie

« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
It's a strange old world isn't it because Mr Hubert ( Finance ) Ridge College assured me today that they had not as yet had talks with the LA CE   :-\

Strange indeed, their own minutes of 1st March 2011 having specifically said "a meeting was planned in the near future with the Chief Executive of the Local Authority".  Oh well, FOI submitted nevertheless, nothing ventured, nothing gained.....

mabel

« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
Not quite sure then why when the staff at the college were told of the plans they were asked to keep quiet about it until after the local council elections. 

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »
We are making enquiries to confirm this new piece of information.

I'll let you know any decision on our agenda as it is made.

Miss Marple

« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
Is the Busisness forum planning to move their contingency meeting forward ?  Just a thought  :o