Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
October 25, 2014, 03:43:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Bell at the Ring o' Bells

Poll
Question: Do you approve, oppose or not care if a supermarket were built on the Hibbert Lane site?
I object to a supermarket being built on the site.
I approve of a supermarket being built on the site.
I don't mind what is done with it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 129
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 138495 times)
admin
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »

From the last Finance and General Committee Meeting at Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College:

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/cmsfc-about.asp?AboID=47

Item 6
STRATEGIC PROPERTY DEVELOPMENTS
The Chair reported that the consultants were making good progress with property matters. More information on progress would be brought to the next meeting of Corporation.

The next Corporation meeting was scheduled for 1st March but the minutes are not on-line.

It says on the page:

Minutes of Corporation and Committee meetings held since January 2008 are available on this page. Minutes and papers (except those currently deemed confidential) can also be viewed by arrangement at the Cheadle campus of the College. Please contact Carole Jeffery, Clerk to the Corporation, at the Cheadle campus either in writing or by telephone on 0161 486 4670 or mobile 07841 500547.

Item 12 in another set of minute from the Estates Committee meetings almost exactly a year ago mention several times reports deemed confidential due to commercial sensitivity:

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/assets/file/Govenors/Minutes%20of%20meetings/Estates%2017_06_10m%20amended%20F&G%2001_12_10.pdf

Away you go Miss Marple..........

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
sgk

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »

If only there was a Marple councillor in the management team at the college. Undecided

Oh wait, here we are : Councillor Shan Alexander Grin

Declaration of interests here.

Profile and contact details here.
Steptoe and Son

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »

By invitation to the CAMSFC Estates Committee meeting 2010 meeting was Mark Krassowski of Walsingham Planning listed as consultants for Item 12.  The info below is from the Walsingham Planning website 

Mark’s experience includes acting for retailers such as Sainsbury, Tesco, Lidl, B&Q, Wickes and Dixons, wholesale operator Costco and shopping centre owner and developer Westfield Shoppingtowns. Mark has also promoted numerous retail schemes for landowners and developers on town centre, edge of centre and out of centre sites.

To be fair , Walsingham Planning also do education projects so to find out exactly what's going on, perhaps it is time for our Councillors to answer some questions on the issue and those invited to the estates meeting.
Miss Marple

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »

I have emailled local councillors, Stockport Express local reporter and our MP and have asked them for a speedy reply as to what they know.  When their replies are in Undecided I am thinking of arranging a meeting with them  so that residents can find out first hand what is happening to the college site, be it housing or a Tesco.  I am slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that our representatives think that they can speak on our behalf! WELL they can not without consultation  So if a meeting was to be held could I count on support from members of the forum to attend ?  I think it's important that residents have their say and I hope you do too?

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
admin
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »

If only there was a Marple councillor in the management team at the college. Undecided

Oh wait, here we are : Councillor Shan Alexander Grin

Declaration of interests here.

Profile and contact details here.

Cllr Alexander is not listed on the Cheadle and Marple College web site as a governor or committee member and I suspect the info you have linked to may be out of date.
You would note that it is dated 2006. There is a Cllr. Margaret McLay listed as a Governor and I think she may have taken over Cllr Alexander's role some time ago.

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/cmsfc-about.asp?AboID=44

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
amazon

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 09:25:31 PM »

Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept so we are not  just left with a cut and sealed decision ?
            Dont littlewoods the buchers have a form in the shop .
Harry

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »

Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept .......

Why are so many people set on objecting to something they know nothing about?

Wait until you see some proposals and, if you don't agree with them, object then.

"Nothing is infinite, except the universe and stupid people, and sometimes, I doubt the universe."
--- Albert Einstein
amazon

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »

Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept .......

Wait until you see some proposals and, if you don't agree with them, object then.

Don't think they are Miss Marple is objecting Seventeen windows ,Dan Bank now tesco . you go in the coop big gaps on the shelves go in Monday very few veg .people dont want that they want to be able to buy what they want .a Tesco would give them that .i know it would come at a price ,closeyer  of some shops . but its happening over the country .you cant stop progress .sorry if i upset some people saying this .

Belly

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »

I am slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that our representatives think that they can speak on our behalf!

Imagine their impertinence! Surely when the community elect someone to act / speak on their behalf then you can hardly be shocked when they do.

Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...
sgk

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »

Cllr Alexander is not listed on the Cheadle and Marple College web site as a governor or committee member and I suspect the info you have linked to may be out of date.
You would note that it is dated 2006. There is a Cllr. Margaret McLay listed as a Governor and I think she may have taken over Cllr Alexander's role some time ago.

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/cmsfc-about.asp?AboID=44

Agree, good point.  Bit of a shambles this "register of interests" lark.  Shan's says she's still a governor at CAMSFC, Margaret's doesn't mention her governorship at CAMSFC, and another Marple councillor Kevin Dowling just doesn't list whether he has interests or not.
Miss Marple

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 01:27:29 AM »

I am slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that our representatives think that they can speak on our behalf!

Imagine their impertinence! Surely when the community elect someone to act / speak on their behalf then you can hardly be shocked when they do.
Think you missed my point !  I am talking democratic not totalitarian  Shocked

Victor M

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »

Also from the last minuted Corporation Meeting meeting it states that Councillor Margaret McLay [Governor] (MMY) was present at the meeting from Item 6.4. Item 6.4 was deemed confidential on the grounds of commercial sensitivity and minuted separately. Miss Marple I'm sure you would like to point this out to Cllr Bispham, for info Margaret McLay was a Lib Dem councillor for Romiley until the last elections in May when she lost her seat.
Miss Marple

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

That's what I am trying to do Harry!  It's called having an informed choice !!!  Which is not a phrase you hear so much especially in Stockport.  Armed with knowledge and the right to active consultation, mountains have been known to be moved,  armchair  politics is exactly why nothing ever gets done, and then most of us have that 'OH MY GOD ' type moment !   

admin
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »

Miss Marple has had another reply from Cllr Bispham:

Date: 13 June 2011 19:03:21 GMT+01:00
To: "Miss Marple"
Subject: Hibbert Lane Site.

"Miss Marple",

Following your e mails at weekend I have asked about the Hibbert Lane site today. As I said at weekend, nothing has changed. The land is designated as housing land and if a supermarket chain were to put in an application for a store, it would, or certainly should be, refused. In addition there is a covenant on part of the site around the gym facilities.          

The above notwithstanding, the following is a possible scenario which I have given to residents before.

Assume the site is purchased, a planning application is submitted, and is then refused by Stockport MBC. The applicant would then immediately appeal to the Secretary of State against such a decision as the owner of the site has a right to dispose of it or develop it as they see fit. Having invested heavily in purchasing the site they have an enormous interest in that investment.

The appeal could go two ways. Either the decision is upheld or dismissed.

A) If it is upheld the next step would be the High Court and the case would be decided by the courts.

B) If however it is dismissed, the store chain would then get planning permission from the Secretary of State to do as they wished. Stockport MBC would then in all probability have costs awarded against them for delaying a legitimate application. Not only would you get your store, but as ratepayers, you would have the privilege of paying to build it.

In addition, Stockport MBC would not be able to place conditions on the applicant as they didn't grant permission.

Here are some salient points to the above.

At no time in the above have any local councillors been involved in the procedure.

An application of this sort would never be decided at a local level.

All planning applications succeed eventually. Planning is exactly like playing poker. Only when you give up do you fail.

Planning is an expensive game, barristers, lawyers and planning consultants are not cheap, if an applicant is prepared to spend thousands on winning, then objectors have to be prepared to spend the more to defeat them.

Regards, Andrew Bispham

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
alan@romiley

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »

Sound advice from Councillor Bispam, he I would trust!

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 129
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite