A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 709444 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #953 on: September 26, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »
Well in this case I do hope they are right and all education can stay on the two sites for the increasing population of Marple.   I am no Business person but one thing I do know is that you never get rid of one of your greatest  assets and the way forward could be loaning monies against the building which should be a fail proof thing to do if your college is thriving  :-\

Dave

« Reply #952 on: September 26, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
I suspect your students may have got the wrong end of the stick, Miss M - it has been known.......    ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #951 on: September 26, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
Sorry I have not explained myself, so correction.  The students were informed that the Hibbert Lane campus was not being sold.   Oh Dave I hope you are right about everything but sadly things are not as black and White as you think they are, and for that reason I wish I lived in your world  ;)

Dave

« Reply #950 on: September 26, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »
Of course the college isn't being sold.  As we know, MIA have been disgracefully putting about misinformation that the college's plans are a 'smokescreen' for moving away from Marple altogether.    This nonsense would understandably have alarmed students and their families, and the college is presumably setting the record straight and their minds at rest. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #949 on: September 26, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
Just returned from a demonstration outside the college where we were shown lots of support not only from the community, passing traffic but from college staff and students.  What was quite concerning was that the students we spoke to were saying that the college is not being sold and that they had been told that by the college.  It's all very strange so if this is for the benefit of our community and most importantly our children's future education why are we all not rejoicing and why does the college not inform it's staff, teachers and students.   Sorry I smell a rat call me what you will but anyone with an ounce of intelligence must see that this is a surreal situation. 
NB before someone says how would you expect the corporation to speak to MIA given our opposition, the corporation has had many opportunities to speak to other organisations but continually refuses WHY ! 

Dave

« Reply #948 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »
I'm a bit out of date on building costs, but I reckon they could probably build about 5,000 sq.m (50,000 sq ft) of floor space for that. They probably need more than that, so they'll need to borrow, I expect.

Victor M

« Reply #947 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:42 PM »
Dave,
Here are the facts.
The college wants to sell the Hibbert Lane site for £12 million pounds.
On the Hibbert Lane site are all the science labs, Art departments, sports hall & library.
If the college wants to continue providing science, art & sports courses in Marple these facilities will have to be built on the Buxton lane site, on the existing car park (planning regulations).
Do you think all this can be built for £12M?
If you do know a builder who can do this for that price please can I have his details because I need an extension building!

Dave

« Reply #946 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
It's nothing to do with belief or disbelief, Miss M.  It's about distinguishing between verifiable information on the one hand, and rumour and conspiracy theories, on the other.  That's all. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #945 on: September 19, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
I agree  :-\

Dave just a thought !  Why would you believe emails from other people and not from me  :D. I have said it before and i will say it again , I do believe you just try to wind people up to achieve a greater debate !  And that's great as it lightens the subject, so keep them coming you  cheeky chappie  ;D lol lol  ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #944 on: September 18, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
I agree  :-\

Rachael

« Reply #943 on: September 18, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
Daves posts are great  .... well measured and thoughtful  ... to me his posts are realistic, they see the big picture

Dave

« Reply #942 on: September 18, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »
Dave as we have informed you before all our information comes from leaked sources so I think the time has now come for MIA to stop posting on this site

I think it is a sensible move for MIA to stop posting anonymously 'leaked' information which cannot be verified.   Thank you for that. 

it is really unfair for you to continually pass poor judgement without having the facts. 

The fact is that camsfc is not going to relocate away from Marple.  We know this for three reasons:

1.  The college's governors have been advised that a sale of all three of their sites, to fund a completely new building on a new site (e.g. at Jacksons Lane) would have a funding gap of around £45 million.  That means that the proceeds of selling the three sites would be £45 million less than they would need for the new building.  (Source of this information: governors' minutes posted on this forum.)  There is absolutely no way they could bridge that gap,.  The turnover of the college is only £15 million - no bank or other lender is ever going to lend them three times their turnover! 

2.   Even if they did find some crazy bank to lend them £45 million, and managed to build a completely new college somewhere else, they would lose loads of students, and therefore income.     Many Marple kids would vote with their feet and apply elsewhere.  Alongside that, many of the Cheadle students come from places like Didsbury and Burnage - acorss the border in Manchester.  Are they going to trek out to Hazel Grove?  Er, no! 

3.  The principal has said so - to Tina (see above) and also to our MP, who told me so in a letter. 

So can we please put this ridiculous rumour to bed   ::)

Miss Marple

« Reply #941 on: September 18, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
Thanks for that Tina ! One of my first calls will be to Stockport senior planners on Monday because that's where the information has come from.  I will also speak to Ms Cassidy's PA and find out why they have mis informed you, did you give your name to CAMSFC  so I can identify you ? as  this is important and the truth needs to be out. 

Yes ofcause I gave my name, I don't hide behind a made up name. I used my own personal email address.
Thanks for that .  And I know it really gets on my wick when people hide behind a name !   Did you hear that Trixe Stirup  lol  ;)

tina

« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2011, 04:05:26 PM »
Thanks for that Tina ! One of my first calls will be to Stockport senior planners on Monday because that's where the information has come from.  I will also speak to Ms Cassidy's PA and find out why they have mis informed you, did you give your name to CAMSFC  so I can identify you ? as  this is important and the truth needs to be out. 

Yes ofcause I gave my name, I don't hide behind a made up name. I used my own personal email address.

Miss Marple

« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »
Exactly my point !  Thank you all  ;D