To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701869 times)

Smithy166

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #968 on: September 26, 2011, 03:50:45 PM »
I read somewhere on this forum that they were 10 of them, thats a 40% increase! (or buy 6, get 4 free) <-- sorry, couldn't resist  :P

Miss Marple

« Reply #967 on: September 26, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
It could be deemed as similar to, I don't know, The "yes" campaigners going to a MIA meeting?

Not quite Daniel, we was invited to attend. And did not make a nuisence of ourselves or have a demonstration

There were only six of you ?

Miss Marple

« Reply #966 on: September 26, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
You still took part in a meeting which had been set up by the other side  ;)
But anyway, the fact of the matter is that the demonstration went ahead whilst ofsted were at the college, Although I think most of the inspectors were busy in interviews.

No we greeted them going in and handed out information !  We were up and out early, oh too early !

Miss Marple

« Reply #965 on: September 26, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »
Well said Trixe it's about time we came out fighting I am sick and tired of certain posters continued moaning and fire starting possibly best if we all start to ignore these posts as we are only giving the YES campaign a platform.   And my last point WHAT have you done Tina to get information or get the facts!  Sorry I didnt hear you  :-\

sooty2

« Reply #964 on: September 26, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »
Just returned from a demonstration outside the college where we were shown lots of support not only from the community, passing traffic but from college staff and students.  What was quite concerning was that the students we spoke to were saying that the college is not being sold and that they had been told that by the college.  It's all very strange so if this is for the benefit of our community and most importantly our children's future education why are we all not rejoicing and why does the college not inform it's staff, teachers and students.   Sorry I smell a rat call me what you will but anyone with an ounce of intelligence must see that this is a surreal situation. 
NB before someone says how would you expect the corporation to speak to MIA given our opposition, the corporation has had many opportunities to speak to other organisations but continually refuses WHY ! 

Was the demonstaration for the benefit of ofsted? how low can you go?

Well not that low in comparison to some. MIA resisted the use of shotguns,tools,fireworks and spamming.People in glass houses should not throw stones!!Thats deffo is huz wiv me? I do realise a lot of people will not have seen where The above delightful piece of creative writing came from. You don't need to,it's sickening >:(

Miss Marple

« Reply #963 on: September 26, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »
No doubt this morning's demo was indeed for the benefit of ofsted, but it will have achieved nothing. As we know, the inspectors were not impressed by the Hibbert Lane premises on their last visit, and they will be expecting the college to have addressed their concerns. The fact that there is a bit of local opposition will neither surprise them nor concern them.

Oh it did, it took them all by surprise they were not happy bunnies , believe me Dave there are not many related departments that are not watching this with interest and of course we have spoken to Ofsted and all intrested parties many many times.   

Dave

« Reply #962 on: September 26, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
No doubt this morning's demo was indeed for the benefit of ofsted, but it will have achieved nothing. As we know, the inspectors were not impressed by the Hibbert Lane premises on their last visit, and they will be expecting the college to have addressed their concerns. The fact that there is a bit of local opposition will neither surprise them nor concern them.

Smithy166

« Reply #961 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »
You still took part in a meeting which had been set up by the other side  ;)
But anyway, the fact of the matter is that the demonstration went ahead whilst ofsted were at the college, Although I think most of the inspectors were busy in interviews.

tina

« Reply #960 on: September 26, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »
It could be deemed as similar to, I don't know, The "yes" campaigners going to a MIA meeting?

Not quite Daniel, we was invited to attend. And did not make a nuisence of ourselves or have a demonstration

Smithy166

« Reply #959 on: September 26, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
I personally don't see any problem with holding a demonstration outside college providing it was done in accordance to the law.

tina

« Reply #958 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:06 PM »
Just returned from a demonstration outside the college where we were shown lots of support not only from the community, passing traffic but from college staff and students.  What was quite concerning was that the students we spoke to were saying that the college is not being sold and that they had been told that by the college.  It's all very strange so if this is for the benefit of our community and most importantly our children's future education why are we all not rejoicing and why does the college not inform it's staff, teachers and students.   Sorry I smell a rat call me what you will but anyone with an ounce of intelligence must see that this is a surreal situation. 
NB before someone says how would you expect the corporation to speak to MIA given our opposition, the corporation has had many opportunities to speak to other organisations but continually refuses WHY ! 

Was the demonstaration for the benefit of ofsted? how low can you go?

Dave

« Reply #957 on: September 26, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
"there is no current sale.............The college has no plans to tesco"

'It takes two to tesco'?  ;D

But seriously, that does make sense of it.   The college's main concern at the moment will be to reassure new students that their two years at the college will not be disrupted by any move.

Now where have I seen that 'we have no plans' formula before?  Oh, I remember, it was before the last election: 'we have no plans to raise VAT'......   ::)

Smithy166

« Reply #956 on: September 26, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
There was no mention of asda, only that they "had no plans to sell to tesco".

Miss Marple

« Reply #955 on: September 26, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
Alright, there seems to be some confusion as to what the college has told students,
well, as a student at CAMSFC I shall settle this.
At the induction assembly the head of faculty Told us that "there is no current sale, anything that does happen will be in the best interests of the students, and that The college has no plans to tesco"

Hope that clears that one up   ;)

What about ASDA their preferred favourite ?  But thanks for clearing that up because there are a lot of mixed messages going around but thats no surprise because even the teachers have been kept in the dark !

Smithy166

« Reply #954 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:57 PM »
Alright, there seems to be some confusion as to what the college has told students,
well, as a student at CAMSFC I shall settle this.
At the induction assembly the head of faculty Told us that "there is no current sale, anything that does happen will be in the best interests of the students, and that The college has no plans to tesco"

Hope that clears that one up   ;)