A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 700364 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1598 on: June 28, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »
Where did I object to the development ?   I just want a few assurances is that too much to ask ?

Unless I post as MIA these are my own views which are of importance to me and my family who may stand to have their quality of life effected.   I am no Luddite just a realist  :-* and once it's done there's no turning back !  But thank you for you views which I take on board but would like to ask you what assurances do you require to ensure our community doesnt suffer as a result   Always remember once the land is sold a multiple million pound American company can and will do whatever they want, so buyer into the hype beware !

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #1597 on: June 28, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »
Remarkable. Do you object to all forms of new development anywhere in the Country with such vigour, or have you simply cut and paste the NIMBY's charter and made a couple of local Marple amendments?

If this is the 'Marple in Action' demands, perhaps they should surely be re-named 'Maple Inaction' as clearly lots of people are simply terrified of change  :o and will do anything they can to try to stop it.

Don't forget the potential for a plague of frogs generated by ASDA, or the death of the first born of each Marple resident.  ;)

Let the people attend the exhibition, see the proposals and then lets decide what extent of change in this town that we can stand.

Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Miss Marple

« Reply #1596 on: June 28, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »
Hey don't get me wrong about this ASDA proposal just a few assurances needed

1. I can get out of Marple after 7.20 am without joining a traffic queue and be in Stockport in 15 Min's any time of the day

2 They can assure me in no uncertain terms that our local shops will not close as a result of there ability to reduce all items until there is no competition in the area

3. That the 500 children that will soon be attending The New Rose Hill super school will not be subjected to increased car pollution ( recent survey highlights diesel to be carcinogenic ) given the proximity of the school playground from the main road this concerns me !

4. That our elderly do not lose the experience of shopping in established shops where they can ask for 2 sausage and a slice of bacon

5 That ASDA employ local people ?

6 That after 10 years ASDA  will not develop on the site which they can not do at present but after ten years are able to develop the whole 8.5 acres

7 That no LOCAL young person will ever have to commute to an out of the area college

8. That ALL residents around the site will not suffer a lesser quality of life due to noise and light pollution

9 That ALL residents do not suffer house devaluations as a result of such a vast development across the road or butting up to their garden fence

10. That several huge lorries a day  will not be trundling and winding their way through residential housing estates

11. That streets and Avenues where children play  will not be used as rat runs by ASDA shoppers who try to avoid the conjestion on Stockport Rd and place our children in danger

12 That the ASDA car park does not attract youths at night like so many other large supermarket car parks and place our elderly residents some of who are often vulnerable at risk

Not a lot to ask is it ? But guess what I am not holding out much hope ?

Now call me old fashioned but I value the above far more than 2p off a tin of beans ?  

sooty2

« Reply #1595 on: June 28, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
I think you're missing HWL's point, Lisa.  It's not that either side is right or wrong - as you say, we will all find out in due course.  But the problem is that MIA posted something described as 'Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site), but then deliberately omitted one sentence from it.  If the caption had read 'Excerpt from Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site)' then they might have got away with it, but I'm afraid they have caught red-handed this time (or should it be red-faced?)

I wasn't the one who made that point Dave but I know what you mean. I pasted in both statements and there are some subtle other differences in there too. Not sure why so I was waiting from someone from MIA to come along before jumping to conclusions.

The supermarket could of course be as big as 6 five-a-side football pitches  ::)
Why would the words " New build facility " also be omitted? I think the council have probably changed their original statement. No big deal, just unfortunate the first one has been quoted.

amazon

« Reply #1594 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
I think you're missing HWL's point, Lisa.  It's not that either side is right or wrong - as you say, we will all find out in due course.  But the problem is that MIA posted something described as 'Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site), but then deliberately omitted one sentence from it.  If the caption had read 'Excerpt from Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site)' then they might have got away with it, but I'm afraid they have caught red-handed this time (or should it be red-faced?)

I wasn't the one who made that point Dave but I know what you mean. I pasted in both statements and there are some subtle other differences in there too. Not sure why so I was waiting from someone from MIA to come along before jumping to conclusions.

The supermarket could of course be as big as 6 five-a-side football pitches  ::)

Which is not that big for a supermarket .

Henry_

« Reply #1593 on: June 28, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »

Dave

« Reply #1592 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
I think you're missing HWL's point, Lisa.  It's not that either side is right or wrong - as you say, we will all find out in due course.  But the problem is that MIA posted something described as 'Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site), but then deliberately omitted one sentence from it.  If the caption had read 'Excerpt from Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site)' then they might have got away with it, but I'm afraid they have caught red-handed this time (or should it be red-faced?)

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #1591 on: June 28, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »
"will be" should read... could be as big as

"understood" should read ..could be as little as

neither statement from either side give definition.  MIA is right.. it could be.. they dont know for sure...

BUT the truth is the other side already know whats planned so they may or may not be telling porkies..

I know what I'm betting on.

As I have said before.. I will wait for the ACTUAL plans..   and take absolutely no notice of either side until that happens!

Henry_

« Reply #1590 on: June 28, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
Oh dear.  We've had misleading information from MIA in the past, but until now it has tended to come from individuals on this forum, or talking to passers-by at the MIA tent in Market Street, and not from official MIA statements.   But this is obviously a deliberate attempt by MIA to conceal information, and it can only backfire on them, I'm afraid.   

Surely you've not forgotten this Dave

http://www.marple-in-action.org.uk/MIAnewsletterDec2011.pdf

Dear Mr Clarke,
Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College
I read that your company is planning to buy Cheadle and
Marple Sixth Form College, demolish it and build a supermarket.
As a resident of Marple, I am both shocked
and amazed. The shock is from learning that we now live
in a country that closes schools to open supermarkets.
My amazement is that a company such as yours that
spends so much to project a positive image would ever
dream about becoming involved in such a sad and
shameful story.
Given the rapacious nature of the big four supermarkets
chains, you may well choose to persist in the plan to destroy
an institute of education and build yet another of
your stores. But, be aware – you live in the court of
public opinion, and public opinion is strongly against this
loss of land that was gifted many years ago to the people
of Marple: ‘that their sons and daughters should be able
to learn and become good citizens’.
For your huge company to destroy a school and build
land gifted for education will be a public relations disaster
for ASDA. And be sure that the people of Marple will
make sure that the wider public knows. We will also fight
your plans – your money may buy good lawyers – but we
will fight nonetheless. And if you win? Well you will be
marked forever as the man who destroys places of
education to pursue yet another pound of profit.
Yours sincerely

Marple in Action

Dave

« Reply #1589 on: June 28, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
Oh dear.  We've had misleading information from MIA in the past, but until now it has tended to come from individuals on this forum, or talking to passers-by at the MIA tent in Market Street, and not from official MIA statements.   But this is obviously a deliberate attempt by MIA to conceal information, and it can only backfire on them, I'm afraid.   

Henry_

« Reply #1588 on: June 28, 2012, 09:20:51 AM »
Thanks Harry

Actual statement on SMBC website http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=138

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new build facility which includes a  new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Asda will present their plans for a neighbourhood supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site. It is understood that the proposed supermarket will occupy a site smaller than the current college buildings.

These consultation events are being run by the college and Asda, prior to the submission of a planning application. Should a planning application be made, there will be further opportunities to have your say.

Marple in Action's version http://www.marple-uk.com/marple-in-action/index.htm

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Asda will present their plans for a neighbourhood supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site.

These consultation events are being run by the college and Asda, prior to the submission of a planning application. Should a planning application be made, there will be further opportunities to have your say.

the rover

« Reply #1587 on: June 28, 2012, 08:57:55 AM »

Perhaps some people should have waited for the plans to be made available, rather than make up 'facts'.

Are you trying to say that Miss Marple and the rest of the meddling MIA have been telling 'porkies' all along???????

Harry

« Reply #1586 on: June 28, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »

27 June 2012 - Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site):

Consultation Events – Friday 6 July 2012 10am – 6pm and Saturday 7 July 10am – 5pm
Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College, Hibbert Lane Campus.

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Asda will present their plans for a neighbourhood supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site.

Its interesting to note that the above statement, taken from MIA's web site, is not a truthful copy of the statement on the SMBC web site.

It omits the sentence "It is understood that the proposed supermarket will occupy a site smaller than the current college buildings."

This does rather make a mockery of some of the scaremongering claims, such as

To put this in perspective the size of the supermarket will be the size of 6 Football pitches and don't let them tell you any different ! 

Perhaps some people should have waited for the plans to be made available, rather than make up 'facts'.

Henry_

« Reply #1585 on: June 27, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
27 June 2012 - Consultation Details (taken from SMBC web site):

Consultation Events – Friday 6 July 2012 10am – 6pm and Saturday 7 July 10am – 5pm
Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College, Hibbert Lane Campus.

3G sports pitch, what's not to like? Will be a massive draw for local teams.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #1584 on: June 17, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
It looked like they were actually dismantling the sensor outside the pet shop just after the parade had gone down the road and before it came back up.

Maybe they did, but the morning of the Carnival is hardly typical Saturday morning conditions in the town is it. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on that.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...