Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 708274 times)

Victor M

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1733 on: July 05, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »
Simonesaffron,
Still no answer to that particular question Victor !  Why is that ?

Either I'm getting a bit senile or I've lost the art of reading English. I am not a Councillor, but I stated a view as to why they can't state an opinion on the proposed development.

As to the statement that MIA wasn't doing anything else I pointed out that I'd seen them on Market Street publicising the supposed "Consultation event @ Buxton Lane"

I didn't think I was answering a question just stating an opinion, but anyway what question do you think I should have been answering and why do you think I should be answering it?

Please next time can you be more specific.

alstan

« Reply #1732 on: July 05, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Victor, Simone is right. A few days ago someone asked why, if MIA claimed to represent the community, they did not seek to justify that claim by fielding candidates in the local election. The response was that they were asked not to field candidates. I am enthusiastic democrat and would like to know who made that plea, apparently succesfully, and, as MIA, or some of their members, are very enthusiastic about freedom of information I though the information would be quickly forthcoming. Not so it seems.

wheels

« Reply #1731 on: July 05, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »
This application will be referred to Planning so its really of no consequence what local councillors views are and any Marple councillor on Planning is not going to express an opinion.

Just as Stunells views of of no significance as he is not part of the decision making process at all.

simonesaffron

« Reply #1730 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:02 AM »
Simonesaffron
How do you know that some Councillors having seen the plans have not changed their minds ? Have MIA asked them recently ? Perhaps all local Councillors should now be asked for a statement by MIA...THEY DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING MUCH ELSE DO THEY ? MIA that is not the Councillors.

We both know that the 3 local councillors that have not yet stated their views on the proposed development by Walmart can't actually express an opinion before the planning application has been made, so I can't see any benefit being achieved by MIA asking for a statement.

As for "MIA DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING MUCH ELSE", they were certainly in Market Street on Saturday publicising Walmart's display at Buxton Lane this week. In that one day they probably did a better job of promoting the event than the College & Walmart had done in the last 2 months.

Still no answer to that particular question Victor !  Why is that ?

amazon

« Reply #1729 on: July 04, 2012, 01:53:27 PM »
Irrelevant post removed. Howard

Victor M

« Reply #1728 on: July 04, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »
Simonesaffron
How do you know that some Councillors having seen the plans have not changed their minds ? Have MIA asked them recently ? Perhaps all local Councillors should now be asked for a statement by MIA...THEY DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING MUCH ELSE DO THEY ? MIA that is not the Councillors.

We both know that the 3 local councillors that have not yet stated their views on the proposed development by Walmart can't actually express an opinion before the planning application has been made, so I can't see any benefit being achieved by MIA asking for a statement.

As for "MIA DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING MUCH ELSE", they were certainly in Market Street on Saturday publicising Walmart's display at Buxton Lane this week. In that one day they probably did a better job of promoting the event than the College & Walmart had done in the last 2 months.

simonesaffron

« Reply #1727 on: July 04, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »
Alstan & Simonesaffron,
Sorry but I don't understand all these posts about MIA fielding a candidate at the last local election. From what I understood MIA is a single issue campaign group, the issue being No Supermarket on Hibbert Lane.
At the last local elections all candidates standing for election in both Marple wards had stated that they did not support a Supermarket being built on Hibbert Lane. What therefore would MIA have achieved in fielding a candidate?

Victor, that's fair enough but we are just asking the answer to a specific previous post thast was made on behalf of MIA about being asked ...NOT to field a candidate". Who were MIA Asked by ? It's not really a difficult question is it ?

Here are some possible suggested answers which may all be wrong.

1/ Councillor/ Councillors ?

2/The College ?

3/ Marple Business Forum ?

4/ The Co-op ?

5/ Asda ?

I'm not suggesting any possible connection in the answer to these parties, it is just a random list that I've made up - so what is the real answer ? 

Victor M

« Reply #1726 on: July 04, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
Alstan & Simonesaffron,
Sorry but I don't understand all these posts about MIA fielding a candidate at the last local election. From what I understood MIA is a single issue campaign group, the issue being No Supermarket on Hibbert Lane.
At the last local elections all candidates standing for election in both Marple wards had stated that they did not support a Supermarket being built on Hibbert Lane. What therefore would MIA have achieved in fielding a candidate?

alstan

« Reply #1725 on: July 04, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
Miss M,

you say that MIA were asked ..."to NOT field a Candidate"... in the last election, asked by whom??

Will someone from MIA please answer Simone's post?

MIA members seem to have gone very quiet on this one. Come on, don't be shy, you are usually quite keen on information freedom.

simonesaffron

« Reply #1724 on: July 04, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
Party's arew not allowed whip on planning matters each member has to reach their own decison based on planning issues. Thus what you  suggest would leave the decision open to challenge.

Party groups are not even to have a pre-meeting

Wheels they are politicians.  They lobby, they huddle in groups, they meet in the pub, in the street, at the bus stop, in town hall corners. They've always got an agenda and plans a,b & c.  They call on whips when it suits them and ignore them when it doesn't.

All I'm saying is that to get one over on the Libdems in Marple it is quite conceivable that opposition politicians on the Planning Committee would try and push the ASDA through but they would need a LibDEM ally on the Committee . Who is actually on that committee, does anyone know?  isn't Andrew Bispham vice chair, maybe that was last year, I'm not sure. If he is, he's a Libdem and he's is one of the  Marple silent three, his silence was probably because of pre-determination but where does he now stand on
the ASDA....interesting eh ?

wheels

« Reply #1723 on: July 04, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
  Just a reminder of what could be for the people of Marple.

And are you one of the people of Marple yourself???????????

Dave

« Reply #1722 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11:06 AM »
I would be interested to know what misinformation MIA have spread? 

Telling people that the plan to sell off Hibbert Lane and consolidate in new/refurbished premises at Buxton Lane is a 'smokescreen' for the real plan, which is to move out of Marple completely. 

Don't believe the hype about CAMSFC their finances look fine, they are functioning, they are always informing us how good their students are performing   There's a job currently up for grabs for a new finance director at CAMSFC with a salary of around £68.000.  If it's not broke why fix it, at the expense of a lesser quality of life for some 

Correct.  The college's financial position is reasonably stable - in so far as any college's position is stable in these straightened times!  The issue is not, and has never been, that the college is short of money.  The issue is that it needs to improve its inefficient, poor-quality and unsuitable premises, in a converted 80-year-old secondary modern school which will become increasingly costly to run. 

Harry

« Reply #1721 on: July 04, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »
 There's a job currently up for grabs for a new finance director at CAMSFC with a salary of around £68.000.

I'm surprised that an FD commands so little.

sooty2

« Reply #1720 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
  Just a reminder of what could be for the people of Marple.

Miss Marple

« Reply #1719 on: July 04, 2012, 12:13:01 AM »
Don't believe the hype about CAMSFC their finances look fine, they are functioning, they are always informing us how good their students are performing   There's a job currently up for grabs for a new finance director at CAMSFC with a salary of around £68.000.  If it's not broke why fix it, at the expense of a lesser quality of life for some