Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 700278 times)

moonforest

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
After making some enquiries on the Marple grapevine, otherwise known as the Co-op, I have been told the word is that the college has put contracts in place for the next three years, including one with a cleaning company. Don't know how accurate this info is but there we are, this is the story that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment.

Harry

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:05:08 PM »
..... This will involve demolishing the swimming baths (over my dead body) and the newsagents.   As a sweetener to the out cry that will start once it is out there are plans to build a swimming complex on the Woodville site or in that vicinity.   Hope this is just a rumour but there is usually no smoke without fire!  My god ! I feel another petition coming on  :P

I can't see whats wrong with us getting a nice new swimming pool to replace the old one we have now. Why would anyone object to this?

marpudlian

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »
The swimming pool, just like the library, or even the cinema, is one of those amenities that very few people use yet there is an outcry whenever there is suggestion one may close.

Personally, I think it would be advantageous to have just one swimming pool and library is Stockport town centre and none others in the borough - council tax would go right down!

I don't mind the college being demolished but a new large supermarket seems a bit OTT for this area - more council housing would be a better addition to the area.

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 12:28:13 PM »
Thanks Miss Marple, I've put out a few 'feelers' myself!

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
I do not know how we find out but we need to act quick !  This forum can be a useful tool to either bring about change or stop ill thought out changes, its called people power.  I intend to contact one of my employees and ask him what he knows about it because since the last elections Mr Stunell has become extremely quiet

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:45:04 AM »
Oh my! This has made me feel sick! How can we find out if this is true?

A very worried Stationery Supplies! :-[

Victor M

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:33:19 AM »
I hope you're information source is wrong Miss Marple but I doubt it. Very clever of Tesco to wave the carrot of a new swimming pool, probably incorporating small sports centre as well. Marple has the oldest pool in the borough and this development would safe guard the facility. Also if the college is demolished Marple will also lose the dry sports facility. As for the extra traffic the development would create!!!

Miss Marple

Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »
Just heard from a friend who works at the college that the Big Boys from Tesco have already been into the college (Willows) on Hibbert Lane and are in talks with planning.  I do not know how true it is but I have been told that Tesco are requesting a roundabout where the newsagents is on the new road.  This will involve demolishing the swimming baths (over my dead body) and the newsagents.   As a sweetener to the out cry that will start once it is out there are plans to build a swimming complex on the Woodville site or in that vicinity.   Hope this is just a rumour but there is usually no smoke without fire!  My god ! I feel another petition coming on  :P