Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 700270 times)

amazon

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »
Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept .......

Why are so many people set on objecting to something they know nothing about?

Wait until you see some proposals and, if you don't agree with them, object then.

Don't think they are Miss Marple is objecting Seventeen windows ,Dan Bank now tesco . you go in the coop big gaps on the shelves go in Monday very few veg .people dont want that they want to be able to buy what they want .a Tesco would give them that .i know it would come at a price ,closeyer  of some shops . but its happening over the country .you cant stop progress .sorry if i upset some people saying this .

Harry

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »
Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept .......

Why are so many people set on objecting to something they know nothing about?

Wait until you see some proposals and, if you don't agree with them, object then.

amazon

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 09:25:31 PM »
Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept so we are not  just left with a cut and sealed decision ?
            Dont littlewoods the buchers have a form in the shop .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
If only there was a Marple councillor in the management team at the college. :-\

Oh wait, here we are : Councillor Shan Alexander ;D

Declaration of interests here.

Profile and contact details here.

Cllr Alexander is not listed on the Cheadle and Marple College web site as a governor or committee member and I suspect the info you have linked to may be out of date.
You would note that it is dated 2006. There is a Cllr. Margaret McLay listed as a Governor and I think she may have taken over Cllr Alexander's role some time ago.

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/cmsfc-about.asp?AboID=44
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »
I have emailled local councillors, Stockport Express local reporter and our MP and have asked them for a speedy reply as to what they know.  When their replies are in :-\ I am thinking of arranging a meeting with them  so that residents can find out first hand what is happening to the college site, be it housing or a Tesco.  I am slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that our representatives think that they can speak on our behalf! WELL they can not without consultation  So if a meeting was to be held could I count on support from members of the forum to attend ?  I think it's important that residents have their say and I hope you do too?

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »

By invitation to the CAMSFC Estates Committee meeting 2010 meeting was Mark Krassowski of Walsingham Planning listed as consultants for Item 12.  The info below is from the Walsingham Planning website 

Mark’s experience includes acting for retailers such as Sainsbury, Tesco, Lidl, B&Q, Wickes and Dixons, wholesale operator Costco and shopping centre owner and developer Westfield Shoppingtowns. Mark has also promoted numerous retail schemes for landowners and developers on town centre, edge of centre and out of centre sites.

To be fair , Walsingham Planning also do education projects so to find out exactly what's going on, perhaps it is time for our Councillors to answer some questions on the issue and those invited to the estates meeting.

sgk

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
If only there was a Marple councillor in the management team at the college. :-\

Oh wait, here we are : Councillor Shan Alexander ;D

Declaration of interests here.

Profile and contact details here.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »
From the last Finance and General Committee Meeting at Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College:

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/cmsfc-about.asp?AboID=47

Item 6
STRATEGIC PROPERTY DEVELOPMENTS
The Chair reported that the consultants were making good progress with property matters. More information on progress would be brought to the next meeting of Corporation.

The next Corporation meeting was scheduled for 1st March but the minutes are not on-line.

It says on the page:

Minutes of Corporation and Committee meetings held since January 2008 are available on this page. Minutes and papers (except those currently deemed confidential) can also be viewed by arrangement at the Cheadle campus of the College. Please contact Carole Jeffery, Clerk to the Corporation, at the Cheadle campus either in writing or by telephone on 0161 486 4670 or mobile 07841 500547.

Item 12 in another set of minute from the Estates Committee meetings almost exactly a year ago mention several times reports deemed confidential due to commercial sensitivity:

http://www.camsfc.ac.uk/assets/file/Govenors/Minutes%20of%20meetings/Estates%2017_06_10m%20amended%20F&G%2001_12_10.pdf

Away you go Miss Marple..........
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Victor M

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »
The college should have a policy where the minutes of the Governor's meetings can be made available to the public, might be an idea to ask for a copy of the minutes of the last few meetings. If the Governor's have deemed that the minutes are not available to the public then they may be attempting to hide something.
However is the land is designated as housing on the Structure plan then it would be very hard to get the land designated for Retail development.
No doubt the college will try and sell the land to the highest bidder, but the question we should be asking our local councillors is "If the land is sold off by the college what is happening about the dry sports facility, located on the current site,  that is available to the general public after 4:00 pm."

Miss Marple

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
Has anyone any idea of how we can start the objections before it gets to the planning dept so we are not  just left with a cut and sealed decision ?

mabel

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »
Not sure why Councillor Bispham is unaware of this as there is a councillor on the governors at the college - I just had a look on their website and there's a list of the governors.

marplex

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 02:16:56 PM »
The college has Governors meetings (or something similar) which has a few students in attendance.  My son who attends the college has been told by a student that attends the meetings that plan is to sell the Hibbert Lane site to Tesco's and to extend the Burton Lane site.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
In Portwood, Stockport, Tesco built a Tesco Extra hypermarket which failed to comply with planning conditions. At 120,000 sq ft, the store was 20 per cent larger than the size limit that Stockport Borough Council had imposed on it when it granted planning permission.
[/quote]

To be fair to the Council on this one. They did punish Tesco for this and a significant chunk of the Portwood building lies idle. Just have a look the next time you are in there - there is a chunk of retail area down the side near the front door which is not being used after Stockport Council realised what had happened and applied the relevant enforcement action.

There is a long way to go before a store could be built anyway and its not as easy as you might think, but if the demand is there,  I have no doubt that Marple is a candidate for a store. Afterall 30,000+ residents (if you include the outlying settlements) being served by a succession of small co-ops is ripe for something.

I also think that the concerns re: traffic chaos are probably completely overblown, as with a bit if creativity and spending (which the Council could easily extract from any developer through the planning system - and in my experience Stockport Council are one of the better North West Councils for achieving this) I'm sure a solution could be delivered.

I'm no supporter of any new store (if indeed there is any liklihood of one being promoted) but if proposals do come forward, one has to be rationale when reviewing things. The planning system is not there to support the retention of the status quo comewhat may, but rather seeks to decide whether a proposed land use is reasonable for the location proposed. If it is, then planning permission will be granted, with conditions controlling things. If its not then the application will be refused. Emotion plays no part in the long run, as even if you can 'get at' your local council to oppose matters, any impartial government inspector would simpy overturn any such decision made for political reasons at appeal.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 06:11:44 AM »
"Miss Marple" has passed on this message from Cllr Andrew Bispham concerning the Tesco rumours. I should add that MM's real name, email address and phone number were provided to Cllr Bispham but I have removed/replaced them for this public post.

Date: 10 June 2011 22:17:07 GMT+01:00
To: “Miss Marple”
Subject: Hibbert Lane.

“Miss Marple”,

This is a rumour which keeps circulating but as far as I am aware there is absolutely nothing in it. Should the collage vacate, the land at Hibbert Lane is designated as housing land in the structure plan and therefore is not available for a supermarket. If they have looked, this is what they have been told.This is also the first that I have heard about a roundabout. But hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of a good rumour. 

Try these, the council are going give permission for genetically modified crops on Arkwright Road rec and the military are going to start dumping low level nuclear waste in Chadkirk Mill. Both of these are totally untrue but it would be interesting to see what comes back after they have done the rounds for six weeks.

Enjoy your weekend.

Andrew

From: autosend@stockportcouncillors.info [mailto:autosend@stockportcouncillors.info]
Sent: 10 June 2011 22:01
To: Cllr Andrew Bispham
Subject: You Have been sent a message from stockportcouncillors.info

Councillor Andrew Bispham
You Have Received A Message From “Miss Marple”

Tesco
Have you any information about Tesco coming to Marple on Hibbert lane and a roundabout being put where the swimming baths and newsagents is I have heard that all the councillors are aware but wanted nothing said until after the election. When replying be mindful that I put replies on web site for all other interested residents.

Regards “Miss Marple”

Phone Number #########
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

mabel

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 08:50:12 PM »
I think there's a lot of truth in this as apparently the college's staff were told about these plans some time ago but told not to mention it before the council elections.  Perhaps some of our local councillors have a vested interest in this - maybe it's time to ask them.