Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
July 28, 2014, 05:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Mobile Auto-electrician serving Stockport, Manchester and Cheshire

Poll
Question: Do you approve, oppose or not care if a supermarket were built on the Hibbert Lane site?
I object to a supermarket being built on the site.
I approve of a supermarket being built on the site.
I don't mind what is done with it.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 129
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 126276 times)
simonesaffron

« Reply #1560 on: April 27, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »

[qu[/quote]

Jeez, I'm amazed the is a thing called the LGA and they feel the need to award each other and of course, how can they award that waste of public money!

Carl, if you get in, destroy that organisation in the spirit of Lady T vs the unions

I think that you are expecting a lot from Carl. He is standing for Councillor in Marple Sth ...not Prime Minister.....yet.

dtm

« Reply #1561 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »

This may be old news but last week I heard from a local postman that the Marple Sorting Office has definitely been sold to Waitrose, and that as well as the Sorting Office, The Carver Theatre and several houses are to be demolished!

They were given this news by Council staff and seems to be a done deal

Maybe I'm wrong but this seems to have gone through very quickly and very quietly without the furore that MIA has created about the Hibbert Lane Spermarket, and yet we may be losing our sorting office, theatre and other people their homes

I thought MIA had gone a bit quiet recently!
hollins

« Reply #1562 on: May 11, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »

According to the council's web site ...

Chadwick Street car park

The Council has now received five bids for the site.

The special Marple Area Committee meeting planned for Wednesday 16 May will no longer take place. Instead, a report will be considered by the Council's Executive on Monday 28 May recommending a preferred developer for the site.

A report will then be presented to the next Marple Area Committee on Wednesday 6 June to inform members and residents of the Executive’s decision.

None of the bids include the purchase of any additional properties or land, outside of the council land ownership, to make the development deliverable.
sgk

« Reply #1563 on: May 11, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »

According to the council's web site ...

Chadwick Street car park

The Council has now received five bids for the site.

The special Marple Area Committee meeting planned for Wednesday 16 May will no longer take place. Instead, a report will be considered by the Council's Executive on Monday 28 May recommending a preferred developer for the site.

A report will then be presented to the next Marple Area Committee on Wednesday 6 June to inform members and residents of the Executive’s decision.

None of the bids include the purchase of any additional properties or land, outside of the council land ownership, to make the development deliverable.

That sounds rather like a done deal.

There's nothing like democracy and that's nothing like democracy.
simonesaffron

« Reply #1564 on: May 12, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »

Has anybody out there actually got any FACTS ?

Where is the "in the know" MIA?

Why doesn't somebody contact the local Councillors and ask them? 
Victor M

« Reply #1565 on: May 12, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »

As was said at the very first meeting held in the Park, when too many people turned up for the Area Committee meeting. Any decision taken on a new supermarket in Marple would not be initially considered by the Area Committee but would be considered by the Council Executive. That is what is happening and that I believe is what MIA have said right from the beginning.
simonesaffron

« Reply #1566 on: May 12, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »

As was said at the very first meeting held in the Park, when too many people turned up for the Area Committee meeting. Any decision taken on a new supermarket in Marple would not be initially considered by the Area Committee but would be considered by the Council Executive. That is what is happening and that I believe is what MIA have said right from the beginning.

This assertion is not quite right but it is petulant to debate whether MIA was right or wrong . MIA is nought but a bit player in this.

There are two separate issues here; Hibbert Lane, site and Chadwick St, site.

Hibbert Lane: This site we are told has been sold to Asda although we do not know under what conditions. If and when Asda put in a planning application then that application will initially come before the Area Committee (AC). The Executive will not be involved. If the planning application is rejected by SMBC's planning dept and this rejection is in turn supported by AC with no referral to Highways and Planning Committee, then that can be seen as fulfilling Council protocol and can be presented as the Council's decision on that particular, planning application. This of course does not prevent the applicant from using appeal protocols. However, whatever protocols, appeals are taken up the Council Executive is not involved       

Chadwick Street Site: MIA knew nothing of this at the time of the "meeting in the park". It was months later before that site was even marketed. This was a strategy developed by Marple Councillors (and it has to be said that it is a cunning plan) its aim to ultimately prevent the construction of a supermarket on Hibbert Lane site. MIA were in total ignorance of this plan until they were informed along wiith everybody else that it had actually been implemented, by placing Chadwick St car-park for sale. Even then they didn't guess the possible outcome.

Because Chadwick street car-park and immediate environs are actually owned by the Council then only the Executive can make a decision as to whom it can be sold - if at all.

That is the reason for the convention of the Executive later this month, to decide this.

If it is decided that Chadwick Street can be sold and let's say that is Waitrose (speculation) then this will slice Asda's appeal grounds for Hibbert Lane off at the legs.

Current Score; Marple Councillors 3, Asda 0, MIA, watching from the touchline. 
Victor M

« Reply #1567 on: May 12, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »

Chadwick Street Site: MIA knew nothing of this at the time of the "meeting in the park". It was months later before that site was even marketed. This was a strategy developed by Marple Councillors (and it has to be said that it is a cunning plan) its aim to ultimately prevent the construction of a supermarket on Hibbert Lane site. MIA were in total ignorance of this plan until they were informed along wiith everybody else that it had actually been implemented, by placing Chadwick St car-park for sale. Even then they didn't guess the possible outcome.
I beg to differ, if you look at the correspondence MIA obtained under the Freedom of Information Act then you will see that the College's consultants were told by SMBC Officers of the Chadwick Street car park site and chose to ignore it.
simonesaffron

« Reply #1568 on: May 12, 2012, 03:44:57 PM »

Victor,

We seem to be talking about different things here but I'll take your word for it.

Going slightly (only slightly) off subject, does anybody know the names of the Councillors who are/will be on the Executive on the 28th of May?

Victor M

« Reply #1569 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

I think that that is decided at the next full Council meeting, but with a hung council there will be a lot of horse trading going on.
Heritage

« Reply #1570 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »

How has MIA actually influenced policy in any way since its inception?
Victor M

« Reply #1571 on: May 12, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »

The only way we will know if MIA has influenced anything so far will be if the land is not sold to a Supermarket. Would be interesting if we find out that ASDA is one of the 5 bidders for Chadwick Street car park, where will that leave the college?
amazon

« Reply #1572 on: May 12, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »

Go on then
simonesaffron

« Reply #1573 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:30 AM »

Go on then

You're right, if I think about it I'm probably not that interested and I am probably happy enough just to let envents unfurl.

In fact upon deeper reflection the whole thing has become a bit boring of late and I'm probably more interested in the intrigue than in the outcome.  Personal opinion of course.   
Heritage

« Reply #1574 on: May 13, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »

I agree....this thread is more about armchair conspiracy theorists than any meaningful community action or policy influence....such is the nature of community forums! It's dull as dishwater if viewed as a vehicle with which to actually influence anything  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 129
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite