Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
July 26, 2014, 04:06:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Home Fires and Fuels - the greener way to heat your home

Poll
Question: Do you approve, oppose or not care if a supermarket were built on the Hibbert Lane site?
I object to a supermarket being built on the site.
I approve of a supermarket being built on the site.
I don't mind what is done with it.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 129
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 126032 times)
Miss Marple

« Reply #1395 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »

Hi just thought I would jog a few peoples memories.  CAMSFC were offered 9.5 million for the site from a company who were going to put a small supermarket and a housing development on the site.  I am unsure where the idea of only 1 million for housing has come from  Undecided

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
Dave

« Reply #1396 on: February 23, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »

I am unsure where the idea of only 1 million for housing has come from  Undecided

I seem to recall some time ago that we were told that the entire site was valued at about £4 million if used just for housing. So I was guesstimating that if they sold off part of the car park and the green space they might get a million for it? 

Students do pretty well at Oxbridge and those buildings are not brand new.

Duke, you do provide good entertainment value   Grin.   The colleges of Oxford and Cambridge are some of the wealthiest organisations in the UK.  Trinity College Cambridge alone has a financial endowment of £700 million.  It owns the port of Felixstowe, Cambridge Science Park, and part of the O2 Arena.   Like many other Oxbridge colleges it occupies Grade 1 listed buldings of enormous historical and architectural importance.  And it has more than enough money to maintain them in the manner to which they have become accustomed over the centuries.

The idea that a small local sixth form college, occupying a converted pre-war secondary modern school  building, could be compared in any way with that is hilarious!  Cheesy
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1397 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

Hi just thought I would jog a few peoples memories.  CAMSFC were offered 9.5 million for the site from a company who were going to put a small supermarket and a housing development on the site.  I am unsure where the idea of only 1 million for housing has come from  Undecided

You've jogged my memory into amnesia cos I don't remember this - where, when and who?
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1398 on: February 23, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »

Duke,

Oxford, Cambridge and Marple College, bless you! Not a comparison that immediately springs to mind - wouldn't you agree?
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1399 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »

For those who like political intrigue Council Committee mini - reshuffle tonight. Place going on Planning Commitee. Town Hall Mole tells me Marple Mafia are chasing it.

Asda NO camp take note. SA & MC succumbing to pressure of election and pressure from MIA (MIA fantastic at raising public awareness but political savvy of heavyweight boxer) have contaminated beyond repair their vote via PREDETEMINATION SO  THEY'RE USELESS. CW same problem.

SI current AC chair so a bit messy. AB - maybe but might put his foot in his mouth, its a trait of his. If it's KD THEN I think that the NO'S can safely say that all local Councillors are in the NO camp - do you understand why Miss Marple and MIA? If you don't then its too difficult for me to explain.

Mrs O

« Reply #1400 on: February 23, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »

One of the councillors is for a supermarket on Hibbert Lane to prevent a hotel being built on the site.The councillor does not want any competition to his/her business.
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1401 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44:22 PM »

Mrs O

Could easily be true. No different than the local butcher or greengrocer not wanting Asda. You can't blame them and you couldn't blame the Councillor.

I have to say though you would think that being a Councillor, the Councillor would know that the chances of any developer coming forward to build a hotel on that site (UNLESS HE IS HAPPY TO LOSE ALL HIS MONEY VERY QUICKLY) are very remote. 

amazon

« Reply #1402 on: February 23, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »

For those who like political intrigue Council Committee mini - reshuffle tonight. Place going on Planning Commitee. Town Hall Mole tells me Marple Mafia are chasing it.

Asda NO camp take note. SA & MC succumbing to pressure of election and pressure from MIA (MIA fantastic at raising public awareness but political savvy of heavyweight boxer) have contaminated beyond repair their vote via PREDETEMINATION SO  THEY'RE USELESS. CW same problem.

SI current AC chair so a bit messy. AB - maybe but might put his foot in his mouth, its a trait of his. If it's KD THEN I think that the NO'S can safely say that all local Councillors are in the NO camp - do you understand why Miss Marple and MIA? If you don't then its too difficult for me to explain.

What are you going on about .its going to be left as a land bank .
Victor M

« Reply #1403 on: February 23, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »

Asda NO camp take note. SA & MC succumbing to pressure of election and pressure from MIA (MIA fantastic at raising public awareness but political savvy of heavyweight boxer) have contaminated beyond repair their vote via PREDETEMINATION SO  THEY'RE USELESS. CW same problem.

I know I'm going on in years but can anyone please translate this into readable English so then I might be able to understand it!
Dave

« Reply #1404 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »

Be my guest:

SA = Councillor Shan Alexander   
MC = Councillor Martin Candler 
MIA = Marple in Action  (a local anti-supermarket campaign)
CW = Councillor Craig Wright
SI = Councillor Susan Ingham
AB = Councillor Andrew Bispham 
KD = Councillor Kevin Dowling 

Loose translation: by declaring themselves in advance to be against the college's plans, our local councillors have effectively debarred themselves from being involved in considering the planning applications.  Whoops!   
Miss Marple

« Reply #1405 on: February 23, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »

Duke,

Oxford, Cambridge and Marple College, bless you! Not a comparison that immediately springs to mind - wouldn't you agree?
I know what Duke Fame means and I am sure you do really ?

Mrs O

« Reply #1406 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »

Very condsecending post!I don't think Miss Marple or MIA need you to explain anything Angry
Miss Marple

« Reply #1407 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »

Thank  you Mrs O !  but I will have to be honest at first sight without my glasses I thought it was in  Lithuanian but then with my glasses on it still looked like a post from a Lithuanian overseas member of the forum.   But after texting nearly the whole of Marple I found someone to explain what it meant    So thank you Finetime but please remember I am a simple gal and need spoon feeding such complicated information. But welcome to the site your impute is enthralling   Undecided

amazon

« Reply #1408 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »

Thank  you Mrs O !  but I will have to be honest at first sight without my glasses I thought it was in  Lithuanian but then with my glasses on it still looked like a post from a Lithuanian overseas member of the forum.   But after texting nearly the whole of Marple I found someone to explain what it meant    So thank you Finetime but please remember I am a simple gal and need spoon feeding such complicated information. But welcome to the site your impute is enthralling   Undecided

Brilliant reply miss marple you see we do agree some time .keep smiling  Wink
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1409 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »

What are you going on about .its going to be left as a land bank .
[/quote]

Have you taken to the sup Amazon ?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 129
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite