Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
October 26, 2014, 04:22:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Murillo's Christmas Bookings now being taken.

Poll
Question: Do you approve, oppose or not care if a supermarket were built on the Hibbert Lane site?
I object to a supermarket being built on the site.
I approve of a supermarket being built on the site.
I don't mind what is done with it.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 129
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 138691 times)
Harry

« Reply #1215 on: January 06, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »

Do people who sign the petition have to be residents of Marple?

No, and we have it on good authority (no less than Miss M herself, as far as I can recall) that many signatories come from  outside the area. 

Thats what I thought.

In this case, could someone explain to me how the 7578 signatories can represent 39.28% of the adult population of Marple, as claimed in MIA's Petition & Survey Interim Results. As there is no breakdown of the figures, this is rather misleading.

It seems the equivalent of ASDA surveying their 143,000 employees and then claiming that the results represent that 621% of the population of Marple want a new supermarket.

"Nothing is infinite, except the universe and stupid people, and sometimes, I doubt the universe."
--- Albert Einstein
Mrs O

« Reply #1216 on: January 06, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »

Hopefully my grandchildren will follow the same education route as their father.College,then university,Of course I would like the best facilities for them if they were to attend CAMSFC but not at the expense of Marple as we know it.There are as you know other colleges.As for my accusation,I stand by it!They are looking after their own interests with no conscience to a lot of the Marple residents feelings.The governors and a lot of the students leave Marple to go to their homes totally unaffected.
Miss Marple

« Reply #1217 on: January 06, 2012, 05:07:40 PM »

Dave you disappoint me!  Here's me trying to accommodate your request to be more transparent by introducing you to MIA members who are far more knowledgeable than myself on a range of issues you raise on this thread and you decline that invitation.  what is your reason for  refusing I am seriously interested to know !

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
Henry_

« Reply #1218 on: January 06, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »

Dave you disappoint me!  Here's me trying to accommodate your request to be more transparent by introducing you to MIA members who are far more knowledgeable than myself on a range of issues you raise on this thread and you decline that invitation.  what is your reason for  refusing I am seriously interested to know !
Here's that word of mouth culture again
Miss Marple

« Reply #1219 on: January 06, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

Dave you disappoint me!  Here's me trying to accommodate your request to be more transparent by introducing you to MIA members who are far more knowledgeable than myself on a range of issues you raise on this thread and you decline that invitation.  what is your reason for  refusing I am seriously interested to know !
Oh no it isn't because it's your lucky day ! You may have missed it but you had an invite too, along with the other moderator of the YES face book page Tina    So come on HWL accept the invitation and make my day.   I find it strange that you three have to have an invitation because when the stall is in MARPLE we have lots of people coming intelligence gathering .  Why have you 3 never made yourselves known

Dave

« Reply #1220 on: January 06, 2012, 05:56:33 PM »

Dave you disappoint me!  Here's me trying to accommodate your request to be more transparent
When did I ask you to be more transparent?

what is your reason for  refusing I am seriously interested to know !
Because I don't need to hear any more misinformation, such as: 
I couldn't help overhearing what one MIA person wielding a petition was saying about the college's plans - including all that stuff about the plan to use the proceeds of Hibbert Lane to develop Buxton Lane being a 'smokescreen' for the real plan, which was to move out of Marple altogether and build a new college on Jacksons Lane. And of course, people appeared to believe every word of it.........   Roll Eyes
Miss Marple

« Reply #1221 on: January 06, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »

We have come a long way since then   I really and seriously would like you to come and debate the issue with MIA members who will have the information you need ! Who. Knows you may just find out that things are not as they appear!

Henry_

« Reply #1222 on: January 06, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »

Dave you disappoint me!  Here's me trying to accommodate your request to be more transparent by introducing you to MIA members who are far more knowledgeable than myself on a range of issues you raise on this thread and you decline that invitation.  what is your reason for  refusing I am seriously interested to know !
Oh no it isn't because it's your lucky day ! You may have missed it but you had an invite too, along with the other moderator of the YES face book page Tina    So come on HWL accept the invitation and make my day.   I find it strange that you three have to have an invitation because when the stall is in MARPLE we have lots of people coming intelligence gathering .  Why have you 3 never made yourselves known

It's hardly as if Tina and I have refused ever to attend any of your events is it?

I'll tell you what, I'll spend some time on your stall if I get satisfactory answers to my questions on the constitution of MIA and key roles (with names and contact details) within it, questions which are still being ignored. Quid pro quo. How does that sound?
Miss Marple

« Reply #1223 on: January 06, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »

Post removed. Could have been done by PM.

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #1224 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »

How many signatures are there so far on the petition against the proposed supermarket?
Miss Marple

« Reply #1225 on: January 06, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »

How many signatures are there so far on the petition against the proposed supermarket?
Hi Admin has put some stats on Latest information on the MIA web site which may answer your question

Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #1226 on: January 06, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »

Dave... re reinvestment and continuation of curriculum.. Marple and CHEADLE 6th form college... I'm sure they can continue with the courses by investing the money in the other campus?

Also I asked for transparency initially, you just backed it up Cheesy

Miss Marple... MIA are bringing themselves into disrepute by the representation on here and the rumours as already discussed.  Your main arguments on this forum at this moment in time, bar Dave, are against people who are on the fence!!!!  doesn't that tell you something?
Why on Earth can you be less transparent until the plans come out?  I'm sorry but there is NO reason someone cant stick up there hand and say "hi its me, i take full responsibility for everything that MIA says." 
I'm not asking for every single person but if you have representative in specific roles/titles then THEY should stand up and be counted
They're not doing, so.....
As I have been commenting regularly and generally arguing with the way you are running the campaign then I guess I'm in the list of those you are disappointed in..well tough get used to it.. i will always question and debate where i believe what you are doing is wrong! The negative "press" you claim we, on all sides of the fence,  are giving you is currently very well earned.
Miss Marple

« Reply #1227 on: January 06, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »

Where's my argument with people on the fence?  I want  opposition because if you know anything about politics (with a small p) you will know that MIA can only be as good as their opposition.
Lisa I have spent 35 years of my working life fighting  for democracy and justice so I take great exception at your comments.  Everyone is entitled to their views and I for one welcome that we live in a country where we can without fear voice our views !
I do think that you may take things a little too seriously and fail to recognise that I am a so called foot soldier within MIA I am not the brains nor have the experience to believe that I have all the answers   What I do although have knowledge in is the strong opposition to a supermarket on Hibbert Lane from people who it will effect directly.
Once again be mindful and respectful to the people on this site who do not contribute to the topic but follow with intrest this development.  I have on many occasions manned the MIA action line and I can assure you we have requests from our elderly community who want to sign the Petition but can not get to the stall.
Sadly because we do not have the man power or the resources to go and physically take a petition to then their views are sadly not represented.
If nothing else I am a realist and understand that many in our community do not have access to the Internet or are unable to visit the stall  and that troubles me greatly because those people have a right to sign a petition but can not due to age or disability.
So be mindful what you post and I would think that as a moderator you would  have to now  take more responsibility for your statements. 

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #1228 on: January 06, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »

7,578 signature so far.  Can someone from the yes campaign provide figures from a petition, or from any public consultation, that they have organised?  It seems that the game afoot is to go for the 'No' campaign, rather than actually organising a 'Yes' campaign.  Asda would be proud of you  Wink
sleepless

« Reply #1229 on: January 06, 2012, 08:37:27 PM »

Perhaps Asda is one of the "shadowy" figures behind the Yes Campaign?

There would also have been fewer rumours about the College's plans if the Principal or any of the governors had met with the No Campaign, as frequently requested, and discussed the matter with the local community. 
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 129
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite