Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 700347 times)

amazon

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1928 on: November 27, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
I just haven't heard the destination of the petition mentioned for a while, Miss Marple has not been sacked and is very active in MIA. I hope your pal Mr Braggins has not given you this false information, Though I doubt he gives much thought to any of your campaign. You are at the end of the day helping to bolster his extortionate salary. You mean nothing to him. He certainly will not be mentioning you to his friends while sharing a meal with them at the Ivy. Do you know why John Braggins (Asda millionaire spin doctor) has asked MM to be a friend on Facebook? Unless he wants her to do some moonlighting!

Petition in the blue bin I've heard . Only one blue bin .

amazon

« Reply #1927 on: November 27, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
I just haven't heard the destination of the petition mentioned for a while, Miss Marple has not been sacked and is very active in MIA. I hope your pal Mr Braggins has not given you this false information, Though I doubt he gives much thought to any of your campaign. You are at the end of the day helping to bolster his extortionate salary. You mean nothing to him. He certainly will not be mentioning you to his friends while sharing a meal with them at the Ivy. Do you know why John Braggins (Asda millionaire spin doctor) has asked MM to be a friend on Facebook? Unless he wants her to do some moonlighting!
You've been reading to many comics again .......

sooty2

« Reply #1926 on: November 27, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »
For those that don't already know ,Asda have submitted their plans last Friday.

sooty2

« Reply #1925 on: September 26, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »
Simone writes 'If the politicians (despite what some of them have said in public) actually want the Asda/CAMSFC scheme...', but that is a very big 'if'. AFAIK there is no local councillor who supports the camsfc/Asda scheme.
Look at their body language Dave, There are three of them.They don't like being challenged. One of them think they are royalty, The other a celebrity and the other thinks the moon is made of cheese.

tina

« Reply #1924 on: September 26, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

I have no idea Mrs O
More speculation I see. 

sooty2

« Reply #1923 on: September 26, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »

tina

« Reply #1922 on: September 26, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »

As for the paper petition going to Downing Street, I think it has been hijacked!

Please can you explain

Please can you explain this?

Taken from Facebook

Yes to Asda on Hibbert Lane Marple
about an hour ago
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Please be free to laugh out loud . MIA have in effect sacked Miss Marple, she is no longer allowed to speak on behalf of MIA and all other MIA officers wishing to make a statement have to have their words counter-signed by another officer!
So sad to hear MIA don't trust each other. And they want the people of Marple to trust them now ???

That is not answering the question mrs O  you wrote your post at 4:04 today about the petition being hijacked. The person on the yes page is talking about MM, is that why its been hijacked because MM has been sacked from MIA?

sooty2

« Reply #1921 on: September 26, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »

As for the paper petition going to Downing Street, I think it has been hijacked!

Please can you explain

Please can you explain this?

Taken from Facebook

Yes to Asda on Hibbert Lane Marple
about an hour ago
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Please be free to laugh out loud . MIA have in effect sacked Miss Marple, she is no longer allowed to speak on behalf of MIA and all other MIA officers wishing to make a statement have to have their words counter-signed by another officer!
So sad to hear MIA don't trust each other. And they want the people of Marple to trust them now ???

alstan

« Reply #1920 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
I take your point with regard to funding Dave but Asda would have an interest in ensuring that the proceeds of the sale are spent on the rebuilding of Buxton Lane and would be equally reluctant to lose control of the funds until the work is completed.  Indeed they can hardly do so as they presumably cannot gain access to Hibbert Lane until the students move out into the newly built Buxton Lane premises. The entitlement of the college to the proceeds of the sale would probably arise at the same time as title in the Hibbert Lane site passed  and I would have thought that it would be possible to devise a contract whereby the proceeds of the sale are the construction by Asda of a new building on the Buxton Lane site on completion of which title in the Hibbert Lane site would pass to Asda.  Anyway I am only speculating and too much time has been wasted on that already.

With regard to the attitude of councilors, at the time their inflexibility was last made clear there was still a possibility of further benefits arising as a result of the consultations which were taking place. For example Asda might have been prepared to make some investment in the community space although it now appears that, according to them, this would not have been in accordance with the wishes of the community.

amazon

« Reply #1919 on: September 26, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »

Please can you explain

Yes please explain .what you mean hijacked .

tina

« Reply #1918 on: September 26, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »

Please can you explain

sooty2

« Reply #1917 on: September 26, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »
Given the importance to ASDA of the prompt and efficient completion of the college project I would have thought it possible that, not only would they project manage the construction, but they might also manage the finance by paying for the work directly rather than passing the funds to the college.
I am a little puzzled by “Latest News” where the first 1000 signatures to the online petition was celebrated on 17th August 2011 but there was no celebration on the 17th August 2012 of the equally amazing news that the following 12 months had added another 354 signatures!
Also no reference to the announcement made at the last Local Area Meeting that Andrew Stunnell has arranged for the paper petition to be presented on the steps of 10 Downing Street. This is evidently so important that three of our councilors have expressed a wish to increase the publicity by travelling to London to attend this event and yet MIA do not consider it worth a mention.
While on the subject of councilors, the same three have expressed their continuing objection to the proposals for the development of Hibbert Lane and the renewal of our college. They have also made it clear that there is little or no possibility of their changing their minds. This implies that they are  prepared to take no account of any benefits to their electorate which might subsequently come to light.

I think the online petition was mentioned last year as 1000 signatures were gained very quickly. Thousands have since signed the paper petition. As for the paper petition going to Downing Street, I think it has been hijacked!

Dave

« Reply #1916 on: September 26, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Given the importance to ASDA of the prompt and efficient completion of the college project I would have thought it possible that, not only would they project manage the construction, but they might also manage the finance by paying for the work directly rather than passing the funds to the college.

There is not the slightest chance of it happening like that - much too risky, and the college's funding body, their auditors and their legal advisers would simply not allow it.

While on the subject of councilors, the same three have expressed their continuing objection to the proposals for the development of Hibbert Lane and the renewal of our college. They have also made it clear that there is little or no possibility of their changing their minds. This implies that they are  prepared to take no account of any benefits to their electorate which might subsequently come to light.

Indeed.  But the 'benefits to the electorate' have been known from the outset.   These councillors have always been well aware that the sale to a supermarket was necessary in order for the college to have sufficient capital to fund their development plan.  They didn't care then, so why should they suddenly care now? 

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #1915 on: September 26, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
ASDA believe that within 300m is 'edge of centre' and that Hibbert Lane meets this criteria (see the other thread and the FOI links started by Neil Corrie). I have some sympathy with such a designation.

SMBC beg to differ.

This will be a key battleground in any planning debate / appeal.

Belly, you know about planning and presumably you know about local government.

So here's a question if you would be so kind to consider. I accept what you say about "edge of centre" battleground. I also belive that traffic management will be just as big an issue. However forget the planning pedantics for a minute. If the politicians (despite what some of them have said in public) actually want the Asda/CAMSFC scheme, even if planners have right on their side, will they be strong enough to resist the the political pressure ?    

Members ultimately have the final say. The planners are simply 'advisors'.

I've worked on plenty of schemes where we have been 100% correct in planning and it's been 'bounced' by members on little more than a whim, completely against Council Planners advice. But in such cases, the project would then typicaly be taken to appeal by the applicant and the Council would almost certainly lose - in extreme cases, if the Council members really had no planning case at all in refusing an application, the applicant would gets their costs back as well (paid for by the Council)!

A costs award won't happen in this case, as the planning case is quite finely balanced, but given the original protestations by the members prior to the application going in, it would appear a refusal and an appeal are almost inevitable. The result of the appeal, well who knows?
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

marpleexile

« Reply #1914 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »
it doesn't matter if it's 300 m from the District Shopping or 3 miles.

Oh yes it does.  'Edge of town' developments (which Hibbert Lane would be, I think) are favoured over 'out of town' developments.  See, for example, http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/general/news/stories/2010/dec2010/9dec2010/091210_5

I figured Hibbert Lane was an "out of town" development, with there being a residential area between it and the town centre.

However, if you mean Chadwick Street, then perhaps that's more qualified as "edge of town", with it having retail premises on one side and residential on the other.

It's no wonder that planning rules are so hard to understand for the lay person.

Common sense would suggest that in the context of Marple, an edge of town development would be, for example in Hawk Green, on the edge of the "town", and that an out of town development would be situated half way down Windlehurst Road, ie completely out of "town".

I'm sure you're technically correct, but it staggers me that a development 300m from centre of Marple would be considered even edge of town, never mind out of town.