Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Ruth MORRIS or HATTON 1950's  (Read 6396 times)

Zarafet

Re: Ruth MORRIS or HATTON 1950's
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help. I'll try & track down the electoral roll for 1950 and see if I can find out who the owner was then. Another step nearer!

sgk

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »
If any one has any information at all regarding these people or the address of "High Trees" I would be very grateful.

There's a house named "High Trees" at the bottom of Hollins Lane, in Marple Bridge.  Couple of doors up from the nursery.
In fact, here's the pic of it via Google Streetview.

Harry

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:54 AM »
There is a house called 'High Trees' on the corner facing Seventeen Windows. Or rather, the entrance to the driveway is there. The house can't be seen from the road. This seems to fit your description perfectly.

Zarafet

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:58:40 AM »
Thank you so much for this!
My mother in law, who's sadly no longer with us, remembered that she was invited to visit her once, around 1950, and that it was a massive house on the bus route, with a vey long drive that was lit with street lamps with woodland along the road. My husband vaguely remembers his Dad showing him the house when he was about 10, in 1961, although Ruth no longer lived there.

sgk

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »
If any one has any information at all regarding these people or the address of "High Trees" I would be very grateful.

There's a house named "High Trees" at the bottom of Hollins Lane, in Marple Bridge.  Couple of doors up from the nursery.

Zarafet

Ruth MORRIS or HATTON 1950's
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:49 AM »
I'm searching for my husband's grandmother, known to have lived at "High Trees" in Marple round about 1950. My information is very sketchy, I'm afraid. Ruth Morris was married to or living with Frank HATTON, a local haulage contractor. My father in law's name was Denis Morris, he had 3 half sisters called Doris, Joyce and Irene, dates of birth unknown but after 1930. If any one has any information at all regarding these people or the address of "High Trees" I would be very grateful.