Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Debit Card Cloned in Marple Store - Has this happened to anyone else?  (Read 3804 times)

Lisa Oldham

2007!!! Blimey time flies!!! good memory though  ;D

nbt

I had some problem about 8 weeks ago, the transactions actually came through while I was on holiday in Scotland in late march but the card could have been cloned at any time. My Bank were very helpful in dealing with the first instance, but have been less forthcoming with later instances  :-[
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

county_life

I went to the Cash machine last week, I think it was Tuesday and all the machines in Marple where down!!

I rang my bank thinking it was a problem with my Card and they advised that they'd had a couple of other calls from the Marple area and that someone had, had there card cloned which is why they stopped all the machines from working!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
If you do a search for "clone" you'll find it was 2007! So long ago that I decided not to combine the topics.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Lisa Oldham

Didnt it happen last year or year before?  I'm sure someone reported something similar on the forum somewhere!

marplex

Just not sure it would be the right thing to do, it is only an assumption based upon the bank saying it is almost certainly the last transaction.  If someone on else on here says they have had the same problem and we ascertain it is the same store then I think it would be correct to let everyone know.

amazon

My ex-wife has just informed me that her Debit Card has been cloned and subsequently had all funds withdrawn!

She does not use the card very often and the bank has told her that it would almost certainly be the last transaction when the card was cloned. The last time was a few days ago in a Marple store, not going to say which one at the moment (Not Spar or Premier!).

She now has to try and claim her money back.  I guess if she had her card cloned then she would not be the only one.  If you have used your card in Marple recently it may be worth checking your balance.  Also it would help her claim and anyone else that may have suffered the same misfortune if they know others are in the same situation.
Why WONT YOU SAY IT WOULD HELP OTHERS .

Taurus

M&Co?

marveld

I had my debit card cloned a few years ago in London. It was achieved by a false front being glued to a cash machine. When I next tried using my card again a couple of days later in a different machine, the card was kept and I was informed via the screen to contact my bank. Two large purchases had been made before my bank (RBS) automatically detected they were suspicious transactions and cancelled the card. I was fully refunded, although it took a few weeks before a new card was issued. Since this incident, I always make a point of covering the keypad as I enter my PIN.

marplex

Debit Card Cloned in Marple Store - Has this happened to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 04:52:08 PM »
My ex-wife has just informed me that her Debit Card has been cloned and subsequently had all funds withdrawn!

She does not use the card very often and the bank has told her that it would almost certainly be the last transaction when the card was cloned. The last time was a few days ago in a Marple store, not going to say which one at the moment (Not Spar or Premier!).

She now has to try and claim her money back.  I guess if she had her card cloned then she would not be the only one.  If you have used your card in Marple recently it may be worth checking your balance.  Also it would help her claim and anyone else that may have suffered the same misfortune if they know others are in the same situation.