Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: New B&B in Marple  (Read 5302 times)

Rachael

Re: New B&B in Marple
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 07:40:47 AM »
I also think £85 for Dinner, bed and breakfast is great value 

nbt

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
At work, one of the chaps from an office down south stayed over last night while visiting our  office. He stayed in Cheadle and paid £110 for dinner, bed and breakfast. He complained that the portions were tiny, and that price was for ONE person. £85 for two people DBB is great value.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Jo Scarlett

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »
I don't think that its for anyone on here to judge one way or the other whether or not its expensive - surely Mark will pitch it appropriately and if he has no paying guests then he'll know that something needs to be reviewed.

You can't compare the Ring o Bells with a travel lodge or similar, there is no comparison, and the price (if it is per room?) isn't that expensive.

In my opinion, if I were visiting Marple as a tourist I can't think of a nicer pub to stay at, the location is fantastic and the regulars in the pub would surely make you feel welcome.

jet

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
The en-suite accommodation at The Ring O' Bells has been very well received.The room rate is negotiable if guests are staying more than two nights.There is a demand for good quality accommodation, as Marple is attracting more tourism.This helps the local economy and business's

Barbara

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »
And it is per room, not per person.

nbt

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
Is there a great need for B&Bs in Marple?

yes, My friend runs a B&B over in Mellor - she had a call the other day from someone who'd tried the Springfield but they were full. As she was also fully booked, she was able to suggest they try the Ring O Bells.

I think £55 for B&B is very reasonable, and £85 for dinner as well is very good value as the food as the ringers is great.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
Is there a great need for B&Bs in Marple?

marpudlian

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »
Ring O' Bells   

Thanks for that. The original message appears to be a little misleading. Its not £85 for B&B, its only £55. The higher rate includes dinner.

This would appear to be very reasonable for the area. The Springfield Hotel (of Dine With Me fame) charges £80 for a double room for B&B.

I said UPTO £85 a night.

I didn't name the B&B because I was only commenting on the price without wanting to criticise anyone.

Harry

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 12:10:23 PM »
Ring O' Bells   

Thanks for that. The original message appears to be a little misleading. Its not £85 for B&B, its only £55. The higher rate includes dinner.

This would appear to be very reasonable for the area. The Springfield Hotel (of Dine With Me fame) charges £80 for a double room for B&B.

marveld

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »

Harry

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:24:47 AM »
A pub in Marple has also opened as a new luxury bed and breakfast ........

Care to tell us which one?

marpudlian

New B&B in Marple
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:56 PM »
A pub in Marple has also opened as a new luxury bed and breakfast in Marple which is good news, there must be some great views from the windows. Without wishing to belittle the business, a room there costs upto £85 per night. Is it just me or does this seen a little steep for this area? Staying there for a week could cost around £600!  :o