A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Rose Hill Station (split from Romiley Station Topic) .  (Read 4813 times)

Steptoe and Son

Re: Rose Hill Station (split from Romiley Station Topic) .
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Apologies, that should read 'The train may not be packed'   :-[

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
The train may be packed when it leaves/arrives at Rose Hill but it's worth remembering that it serves the Hyde loop and when I use it, it seems to be pretty busy along the length of the line.

I've been stung by trains being cancelled, and over the years it's averaged at a good number more than one per 12 months, but some of these were down to the persistent theft of trackside cables.  Saying that, it can sometimes feel like the service is the first one Northern Rail sacrifices when they are short of staff/trains

bluebelly

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
rose hill will never shut , trust me

rsh

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »
Around a year ago the 8.59 failed to show up, and with the booking office closed for some reason no-one had no idea what was going on. There ended up being an odd walking train of passengers all the way down Station Road to Marple. Luckily I think the station is due to finally get an electronic passenger information screen this year or next as part of GM station improvements?

The patronage seems to have improved since the second service per hour was diverted, although I'll never understand why that wasn't properly advertised. You can't beat the .23 minutes past the hour service, taking just 20 minutes back from Manchester.

Next step for Rose Hill should be a couple of extra evening returns... There's a big gap after 6.30pm and nothing at all after 8.30!

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
I don't want to see Rose Hill close even though its been talked about as far as I'm aware all the time I've been in Marple !  (30 years - 10 in elsewhere!) however I lived next to the railway line as a child, and I live next to the railway line again now. Most of the trains then and now are empty when they arrive or leave Rose Hill.  Never really understood how its survived so long or why so many trains go to and from it! 

marveld

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:57 PM »
I've only worked in Manchester for a 6 month spell about 10 years ago. I started using Rose Hill Station as it was within walking distance from home. Hopefully things have changed now, but my experience was not too good! During the winter period, on many occasions the Rose Hill service was delayed or cancelled, whilst the trains from Marple station were unaffected. Anyone experienced similar in more recent times?

Miss Marple

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
Oh no!!  I would never like to see Rose Hill Station close.  What I would love to see is the tracks back to take some of the traffic off the road !

Duke Fame

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »
Although I think Rose Hilll is an indulgence

Why?

It spliits the Marple Service. It would be far better to just have more trains going through Marple & beyond with a Mini bus shuttle to meet the trains taking people to Rose hill and beyond.

Sell Rose Hill sta and line area to development and plough the money into Marple station and maybe a multi-story car parking (kept free of course)

amazon

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
Marple is having 2 million spent on it to include wheel chair acess . [ sometime ]

andy+kirsty

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »

Try using Marple in a wheelchair.

Belly

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »

Why?

Duke Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »
My reading of this is that there will be no trains from Marple - just buses linking you to the nearest open station in either direction.
It's to be hoped that the PtB don't use this as a sneaky back door to closing Marple and/or Rose Hill Stations, ie "You managed without them during the work at Romiley so you don't really need a train service"

You would hope that they wouldn't be stupid enough to spend thousands (that amount is a guess) on repairs and improvements only to close it! 

Having said that....

Andy

andy+kirsty

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »
My reading of this is that there will be no trains from Marple - just buses linking you to the nearest open station in either direction.
It's to be hoped that the PtB don't use this as a sneaky back door to closing Marple and/or Rose Hill Stations, ie "You managed without them during the work at Romiley so you don't really need a train service"

You would hope that they wouldn't be stupid enough to spend thousands (that amount is a guess) on repairs and improvements only to close it! 

Having said that....

Andy

My login is Henrietta

Rose Hill Station (split from Romiley Station Topic) .
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »