Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: House Prices  (Read 3088 times)

Duke Fame

Re: House Prices
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
The only other consideration is the London property market is booming (reletively) right now and this has tended to filter outwards soon after. It's thought that the current London 'boom' is down to concern about middle eastern / East African political stability with a lot of money doing into London as an escape route. It's not likely that the usual ripple effect will happen this time.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
Agreed.  It's a buyer's market at the moment, and you should be able to make low offers.

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:06:48 PM »
Big question,
Basically the economy is slowly recovering from the disaster of the Scottich PM, it will take time and house prices will flatline for 3-4 years. The market has a problem where some poeple selling will be in negetive equity, that is their problem and drive a hard bargain when purchasing. THe housing market was over inflated from 2004 on, aim to pay 2004 prices.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
Hmm! A difficult one that.

I am handling my mother's house in Marple as she has gone into a home. 2 local estate agents/letting agents have advised me that it is better at the moment to let the house rather than selling it as house prices are a bit stagnant at the moment. This suggests that as a buyer you might be in a good position to haggle.

Having said that, Marple has always had quite high property prices compared with other local areas.

Basementlife

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:06:08 AM »

u360213

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »

Hi, I'm sure you realise you're asking the $64,000 question that no-one yet knows the answer to!

As someone also planning to buy in this area in the next 12 months I'd say that the old maxim of 'location' stands true. The desirable houses in the best areas still move if priced realistically. There has not been any major drop in this segment so don't imagine there are many bargains around...
Properties here tend to hold their value well even in more difficult times.

Marple Bridge, Marple, Mellor area is a great place to live and/or work so lots of luck in finding something that suits you and your family.

KalkanPrince

House Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:58:53 PM »
Hi All,

As you may know we are thinking of moving into the area; I hope this topic is not too controversial but how do we see house prices in the Marple / Marple Bridge area at the moment....... are they suppressed like many other areas, will they go lower due to fuel price increases, or, do you think you are getting a lot of property for your money at the moment for the area.

It would be interesting to hear your views; whilst nobody has a crystal ball I suppose we are trying to establish if prices in the area are deflated at present and may well go up in future in line, or higher than other areas.