Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: A forum for debate? : (Sub Topic from "Widening of Dan Bank")  (Read 9791 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: A forum for debate? : (Sub Topic from "Widening of Dan Bank")
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
I thought it was worth breaking these posts out from the Widening of Dan Bank thread because Pink Panther made some very good points that may otherwise get buried by the ongoing posts in the original topic. Feel free to debate further but please be polite and considerate of other people's views and remember that the written word does not always come across in the way that is intended. It can be very easy to give offense unintentionally and some people seem to be doing that rather a lot just lately.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:39:01 PM »
Yes well said Pink Panther !!!

alison

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
Well said Ms Panther, Madam!

Rachael

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:51:37 AM »
I'm not getting into "conversations" about individual members  , and I'm not even going to "go there" about who may have upset who .

My point is that often when someone has an opinion which is different to someone who feels very strongly about something .... its almost as though they have to duck for cover when they wish to air their opinions and its not fair .... not all of us are of unsound mind because we happen to think Dan Bank is looking good  ... but actually talking to other members ( yes ... real face to face  talking !! ) they have mentioned that they are made to feel "silly" if they have a difference of opinion, so they just don't bother contributing .....

I think that's a real shame , and personally I wouldn't like it if I made someone feel like that because it would be unintentional .

That's my point, and that's the last I'm saying on the matter  >:(

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »
I agree totally Pink Panther ! Poor Trixie she had a rough old time by some members didn't she !  I hope she will eventually rejoin the forum  ;)

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
Maybe we should all give this topic a rest for a while and await results in a year or so?  I still think the overall result is a great improvement on the approach to Marple.
forgive me if I am wrong ! But is this forum not about debate ?  Although it sometimes appears to me that when a topic is Hot, interesting or controversial , people want to give it a rest !  Why ? My sisters died for the right of free speech and the right to have an opinion so I say Let the debate continue !

I didnt realise this was a forum for debate , personaly I thought it was about sharing general interest and thoughts about what is going on in Marple , but there you go  ... but what I will say is that it seems to many, that it appears a forum of one upmanship against other posters of late  , tit for tat and general brow beating if someone dares to have have a difference of opinion to another member ... and its putting people off posting   :(

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »
Maybe we should all give this topic a rest for a while and await results in a year or so?  I still think the overall result is a great improvement on the approach to Marple.
forgive me if I am wrong ! But is this forum not about debate ?  Although it sometimes appears to me that when a topic is Hot, interesting or controversial , people want to give it a rest !  Why ? My sisters died for the right of free speech and the right to have an opinion so I say Let the debate continue !

Barbara

A forum for debate? : (Sub Topic from "Widening of Dan Bank")
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »