Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Civic Pride  (Read 2189 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Civic Pride
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »
As big society is all the rage right now I was sondering if we could organise a clean up Marple morning some time soon.

You people are members of clubs etc, we just need to hand out some bin bags and orgaanise a mass clean up in the vacinity of their homes, shpping areas and park.

How to go about it.
Why would you do someone out of a job?  I do not think Marple is full of litter and the Memorial Park is a credit to Bob (gardener)  Do we live in the same area or are you on a parallel universe ? Just a thought !

andy+kirsty

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
I cleared the rubbish from our front hedge last weekend (not our rubbish but a good citizan thing to do) it filled 2 bin bags and therefore rendered my black bin allocation full for the next month. I'll not do it again.

Maybe we need a Litter awareness officer or a Recycling coordinator to organise things and prevent people dropping litter.

A

Dave

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »
Good idea. We could call it the Bag Society... :-D

Duke Fame

Civic Pride
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »
As big society is all the rage right now I was sondering if we could organise a clean up Marple morning some time soon.

You people are members of clubs etc, we just need to hand out some bin bags and orgaanise a mass clean up in the vacinity of their homes, shpping areas and park.

How to go about it.