A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Marple Bridge  (Read 12022 times)

KalkanPrince

Re: Marple Bridge
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »
Hi All,

Just been looking on right move and there are three properties up for sale on Bonnington Rise, does anyone have any information / opinion about this area please? There seems a mix of old and new build on there. Is it a "rat run" in the morning school run as google maps seems to place it off a main road.

Thanks for any advice :)

Barbara

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »
Some houses locally selling very quickly - maybe lots of people have realised that Marple/Marple Bridge is not a bad place to live!  (Just as long as you are young and fit enough to walk up all the hills!!)   :D :D

KalkanPrince

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
Thanks Everyone,

Lets just see how the property market is....... seems to be a lot of properties listed as both for sale and to let at the moment..... many renting very quickly.

Fingers crossed!

Mr Marple

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
Hi Kalkan,

I'll add that the cinema is unique in that it still has its interval, which is soooooo helpful when nature calls and getting something to eat and drink.

Marple & Marple Bridge are simply put = the best, as long as you have respect for the people & the town then it'll come round back to you.

KalkanPrince

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »
Thanks everyone....... we just need to hope we can secure the property we like :)
It will be interesting to see how quickly the local housing market moves

moonforest

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
Someone recently said to me that "there are lots of Marples out there". I beg to differ! As other posters have pointed out Marple and Marple Bridge are lovely places to live with great facilities. I think it would be a real challenge to find another small town with:
*A theatre
*Swimming pool and gym
*Several parks
*Library
*Shopping centre
*Fishing lakes
*Cinema
*Schools
*Easy access to Manchester and Stockport
*Easy access to the countryside
*Traditional canal boats and famous for 16 locks
*Annual carnival
*Food and wine festival
*Clubs for children (i.e. scouts and girl guides, ballet classes, karate classes) and adults (i.e. wine club)
*Churches of every denomination, including a charming little Methodist chapel on the Ridge
*Art group

And lots lots more!!

bluebelly

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
great place to live and bring up kids.
3 great schools st marys ,ludworth and mellor.
brabyns park and ethrow country park.
lots off places to eat such as the midland,the hare and hounds , the andrews the maple leaf and loads of good friendly pubs - the windsor the scot and the northumberland to name a few.
there is an excellent bus service .
also an excellent train service into manchester picadilly.
compstall cricket has great junior teams and is also a friendly place to come.
loads of places to go for walks,
theres a winter wonderland every year and this year a street party in town st for the royal wedding ,which goes to show the community spirite that's in this area.
hope you decide to come and live here ,you wont regret it

Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
Hi Duke was it Manchester type humour ?  ???

Duke Fame

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
What a horrible,pathetic excuse for a Human being you are. Why do you feel the need to speak to a new Forum member in such a way?This person is only asking for some info' on the area. You have mentioned in an earlier post that you are new to the area,so I don't think you should be so flippant. You as an Independent in the Council elections?You must be deluded ! You certainly would be independent you would certainly be on your own.Have you nothing better to do than wind people up?I rarely read the forum anymore beacause of the stupidity of some of your posts. I just wanted to read about this years carnival and to my dismay you are still churning out rubbish.I suspect you are not an adult of sound mind,but a 12 year old,chain smoking alcoholic from a dysfunctional family, Do you play truant from school so you can play on the computer?You can get help for it from various organisations.If you are reading this Kalkan Prince,read some of his posts you will see what I mean.in his words he, may be a "Smack Head". I suspect I may be barred from the Forum for this post due to it's personal content. If I do, I hope Duke Fame will not be far behind >:(
Marple and Marple Bridge are pleasant places to live. Welcome :)

I'm sure the good Prince Kalkan would have realised it was a little joke as most contributors did.

I hope you do not get barred, a little banter is water off the proverbial ducks for me.

I'll put you down as am 'undecided' for the election for now.

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »
Hello Kalkan Prince,

I can only echo the previous posts, apart from the obvious.  Marple and Marple Bridge are fantastic places for a family.   Great faciltites and on the whole, great people with a genuine community spirit. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 05:40:29 PM »
Yes Marple and Marple Bridge are wonderful places to live.  I had an idyllic childhood living and growing up in a Cottage in Brabyns Park !   
Hey I agree with you Dave my vote will be with Trixie !  Go Girl and flippin well said !

Dave

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »
Something tells me that Trixie might not be voting for you in the local elections, Duke.      ;)

Rachael

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
Hello Kalkan Prince ,

Some of my family members live in Marple Bridge, and they like it, rather than Marple itself, as they say  you dont get the gangs of children that sometimes you get in Marple.

Marple Bridge has excellent primary schools, to mind their is Ludworth, and St Marys , you can read their ofsted reports here  www.ofsted.gov.uk

Also, within the area, there are lots and lots of various clubs yourself and your children can join,  my children do Karate, Rugby, Dancing to name just a few  they have childrens and adults sections to all of them .

Marple Hall, the high school, my son although left, did very well there, and was very happy there too.

I remember someone saying to me that if you dont have a car,  and push a baby in a pram, getting out of Marple bridge with a pram is hard going  .. its steep one way, and steep the other  .. thats a daft negative for me to say  ... but its a fair point  :P

Marple is good because we have the swimming baths, a supermarket, a cinema ( old style which is nice )  ... I think Marple or Marple bridge is a great place to live .

Im sure you will love living in Marple Bridge,  I dont know whats got into Duke Fame , but my advice would be to ignore.

David myers

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
Its better than TV, this forum, re Marple Bridge, it is a very pleasant place to live and bring up children I have three children and the schools are of top quality all recieving very good reports from OFSTED. The spirit of the locals is very high and are friendly and I myself am proud to be part of such a great place as I have been all my life.

Ignore the empty head whos response was amusing but completly untrue. :-*

sooty2

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
Hi All,

Hope this is the correct area of the forum to post in....... as you can see this is our first post! We are looking to move to Marple Bridge and would welcome peoples views on the area; anything you can share with us, crime, traffic, restaurants, local amenities eg corner shop for papers / milk etc

Many Thanks

Ahh, Smack head Bridge as the locals call it. Looking for somewhere to buy 'papers' well the co-op do rizlas but to be honest for everything else you just hand out in the shadows or by the tafic light and you provide the cash and everything comes you.
What a horrible,pathetic excuse for a Human being you are. Why do you feel the need to speak to a new Forum member in such a way?This person is only asking for some info' on the area. You have mentioned in an earlier post that you are new to the area,so I don't think you should be so flippant. You as an Independent in the Council elections?You must be deluded ! You certainly would be independent you would certainly be on your own.Have you nothing better to do than wind people up?I rarely read the forum anymore beacause of the stupidity of some of your posts. I just wanted to read about this years carnival and to my dismay you are still churning out rubbish.I suspect you are not an adult of sound mind,but a 12 year old,chain smoking alcoholic from a dysfunctional family, Do you play truant from school so you can play on the computer?You can get help for it from various organisations.If you are reading this Kalkan Prince,read some of his posts you will see what I mean.in his words he, may be a "Smack Head". I suspect I may be barred from the Forum for this post due to it's personal content. If I do, I hope Duke Fame will not be far behind >:(
Marple and Marple Bridge are pleasant places to live. Welcome :)