To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Marple Bridge  (Read 12023 times)

Deniseam

Re: Marple Bridge
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
Hi
I suspect the only drawback will be the commuting, though it seems you are trying to be equi-distant to your respective workplaces.
I think the advantages will easily outweigh this issue; if you enjoy walking, there are miles and miles of public rights of way, through beautiful countryside, right on your doorstep. There are a good range of shops and cafes in Marple, swimming pool and cinema as already mentioned by others and an excellent community life indicated by the great number of clubs through Poetry Clubs to Karate and Tennis.  Do get involved and you will love the place.

KalkanPrince

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »
Thanks amazon I have streetviewed satellite viewed etc and it looks a lovely road I just wanted to check it's not a rat run in the mornings etc as I've been stung with that before.

Think we are decided on area now just need to find the right property :)

amazon

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 04:02:12 PM »
try street view .

KalkanPrince

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »
Thanks Tricky, it seems to be just a road for surrounding housing estates on google maps

Tricky

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 02:59:58 PM »
No

meh

KalkanPrince

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
So is Bonnington Rise a main road?

moonforest

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »
It's great until it snows !

Ah yes, lots of fun to be had when it snows in Marple!! A particular challenge is getting in and out of the place, there have been occasions when things have got really bad and we have been briefly cut off from the outside world. Anyone remember the news reports a couple of years ago?

amazon

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
Thanks for all the info, any more info re Bonington Rise area? Its tempting us but we have only got Google Maps to go from

Thanks again
                               Dont buy a house on the main road its busy and busy at school times till about 9.30 then from 3.30 .good fun when it snows as been pointed out .

KalkanPrince

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 07:33:02 AM »
Yes I can imagine it becoming sledges only!

Miss Marple

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »
It's great until it snows !

KalkanPrince

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Thanks for all the info, any more info re Bonington Rise area? Its tempting us but we have only got Google Maps to go from

Thanks again

Barbara

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 08:43:56 PM »
Yes 'yoof' tend to congregate in those areas in the evening/nighttime.  But where are they supposed to go?  There don't seem to be many alternatives!

marpudlian

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »
Marple is indeed a fantastic place to live, and I have lived here nearly all my life, but not everything about the area is perfect. There are a few places which remain "no go areas" in the evenings, where many people, especially older people tend to avoid, such as the entrance to Memorial Park, the Hollins row of shops and outside Somerfield. Even Market Street can be an intimidating place to be at times, especially when the pubs are closing.  :(

KalkanPrince

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 08:28:40 PM »
Thanks Dave :)

Dave

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
It's a nice area - modern estate within easy walking distance of Marple Bridge village and Marple station (as long as you don't mind hills!). Not on a rat run, AFAIK.