Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: New Bike Shop  (Read 3394 times)

Harry

Re: New Bike Shop
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
And with the Sunday opening thing good look on that one as most people that own/work in a bike shop are out on the roads every sunday themselves.

That depends on whether they want to run it as  a business or a hobby.

Neil Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
I've not been in the new shop yet, but I see it's linked to the existing "will's wheels" shop from Heaton Moor. Not sure if ti's a new shop or if they're moving.

Lets hope Will the best of luck. If its the same Will that I think it is he is a Marple chap anyway and he started his bike addiction way back when there was a bike shop at the bottom of Stockport Rd.

And with the Sunday opening thing good look on that one as most people that own/work in a bike shop are out on the roads every sunday themselves.

nbt

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
I've not been in the new shop yet, but I see it's linked to the existing "will's wheels" shop from Heaton Moor. Not sure if ti's a new shop or if they're moving.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Mr Marple

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
It'll be interesting to see if it stays open for business for longer than a year.

GL to you bike guys!

marveld

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:18:41 PM »
Harry - I think it's a valid point you make about Sunday opening. In the past, I've always used the shop in New Mills -

http://www.settvalleycycles.co.uk/

However, checking their website, Sett Valley Cycles is also closed on a Sunday! I still reckon the Marple shop would be doing itself a favour by being closed on a Wednesday, but open all weekend. When I pop in I'll make the suggestion.

Harry

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
I also hope the Bike Shop succeeds, but the owner may have to reconsider the opening hours in order to do so.

Cycling, for many, is a weekend activity, and I noticed the shop was closed on Sunday.

Weekend is the time for tinkering with the bike, maybe repairing punctures, and taking the children to pick a new bike. If the local shop is closed people may just go to Halfords or the equivalent.

Cyberman

New Bike Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
The new Bike Shop is now open on Stockport Rd - I did my bit to support it by buying a new inner tube.
I was impressed by the items on display - a good range, good quality, not too expensive. The chap behind the counter was very helpful and seemed to know his stuff.

I hope the business succeeds - it will be a useful shop to have locally. Lets try to keep supporting our local shops and keep Marple thriving!

It was a shame the phone / computer shop on Derby Way closed - I found that useful for odds and ends.