Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Santander  (Read 5533 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Santander
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »
Santander have taken over just about all the bank accounts that we have - Alliance & Leicester and Abbey, and other I can't remember the name of at the moment. You don't get any choice in the matter, except to leave, but the number of alternatives seems to be reducing fast. Whatever happened to the Monopolies Commission?

Not withstanding the statory protection you had, your money would disappeared to to pennies in hte pound if Santander didn't rescue these building societies.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
Sorry, I'll get my coat....

Yes, please leave by the nearest exit  ;)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
Whatever happened to the Monopolies Commission?

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Sorry, I'll get my coat....

amazon

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
as stated in my posting some time ago . least from a firm called Morrisons

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 08:32:13 PM »
There's a notice in the window of the old Halifax agency on Stockport road from Santander saying, effectively, that the closure is the fault of the agency that ran it.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
Santander have taken over just about all the bank accounts that we have - Alliance & Leicester and Abbey, and other I can't remember the name of at the moment. You don't get any choice in the matter, except to leave, but the number of alternatives seems to be reducing fast. Whatever happened to the Monopolies Commission?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Water Rat

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 04:29:56 PM »
Not absolutely certain that:

"Yes But Satander have to ask you first if you want to change over"

is goingto be the case. 

The RBS FAQ section states that:

"RBS branches in England and Wales and NatWest branches in Scotland. The sale includes the following accounts linked to these branches: personal, including private banking, business and commercial customers."

So really stay with Santander or close the account and move to another provider seems to be the options.

amazon

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »
Yes But Satander have to ask you first if you want to change over .and it wont be yet .all the satander branches have closed . the buildings were leased from a firm called Morrison and they have gone as they say out of bussines .Hazell grove is closed as well .one still      open at Bramhall .

Mr Marple

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
It has been known for many months that Santander will take over the Royal Bank of Scotland branches in England, and the Nat West branches in Scotland. see  http://www.rbs.co.uk/global/branch-sale.ashx

Yeah, it seems well known if you hold an account with the RBS and/or stay up-to-date with them, both of which I don't have nor do.

tonyjones

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
It has been known for many months that Santander will take over the Royal Bank of Scotland branches in England, and the Nat West branches in Scotland. see  http://www.rbs.co.uk/global/branch-sale.ashx

Cripes

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
Doesn't surprise me, Santander were not renowned as having the best customer service, but don't forget that they are about to take over the RBoS branch in Marple and I did wonder how long two branches would exist in Marple.

So after the Halifax moving out and Santander moving in, they are now moving RBS out to occupy their building?!

Mr Marple

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »
Hi Victor, where did you find out that Santander are to take over RBoS in Marple?

Victor M

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:25:56 AM »
Doesn't surprise me, Santander were not renowned as having the best customer service, but don't forget that they are about to take over the RBoS branch in Marple and I did wonder how long two branches would exist in Marple.

Cripes

Santander
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »
Anyone know why the shutters are down?! It barely been open four months, I've called their customers service and they don't have a record of it ever existing?!