Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Graffiti on Market Street & Derby Way  (Read 8420 times)

alison

Re: Graffiti on Market Street & Derby Way
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15:24 PM »
  ::) WHY did I have to use bad english on a thread my mother was on!! I'll never hear the last of it! ::)

Barbara

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
Well Alison, I reckon  your grammar is not too bad!  Seeya!
 ;)

Mr Marple

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
I agree. That is graffiti. But at least the council know who to send the 'clean-up' bill to.

I was curious to understand whether or not the council knew and whether it was legal or not, thankfully, according to your messages, the council do know and it is legal.

In terms of business, its an alternative way of advertising because I've seen countless people staring at them and I reckon it could be used for events in Marple like the Food & Wine festival, special occasions.

moorendman

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
Never mind , Lisa Alison, I expect that you may have to consider, or suppose, or believe or even postulate instead. ;)

If only the teacher i heard on 5 Live the other was slightly shamefaced about the fact that he used "kinda" and "kindalike" 5 times in the same short sentence.

alison

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »
I've just re-read my post and am slightly shamefaced about the amount of times I said 'i guess' :-[

heather

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »
it was there at 6 30 this morning  so had it been done in the night  its  a very cheap form of advertising  but not  the best idear  if everbody did it all of market street would get a good wash

alison

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
These have been around for years  - they often turn up in Manchester. I personally don't really like them, but they are not illegal and I think there are far worse things to get het up over.

Of course, in a town like Marple that isn't used to seeing stuff like this it could easily backfire and put people off using a product / service - I guess that's a chance the Marketing people have to take. If it wasn't massively expensive I guess it would be a good way of promoting local events like the Food and Drink Festival, I'd rather have that than a load of flyers I guess

Alison

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
I met the young man this morning and asked him about it.  He confirmed that it is 'reverse graffiti' and would disappear naturally in about 10 days.  Hardly seems worth the trouble of creating it in the first place!  If he really wants to go round cleaning something, our drive could do with washing.   :D

marveld

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
Further to my above post, I have emailed Richard Bray via - Richard.Bray@huntersnet.co.uk

I attached the image posted on this forum.

http://www.huntersnet.co.uk/site/pages/contact_us/contact_us.php

I wrote: “I hope your company gets fined for the graffiti you have created.  Do you have anything to say in your defence?”

Reply:

Hi - I am sorry you feel this way, I hope the following makes things clearer. I would like to make you aware and that there is not a long term impact to the built environment for the following reasons:

This form of advertising is not illegal as it consists of cleaning a dirty surface with grey water. This is environmentally sound as it helps to promote a brand or service minimising the carbon foot print as less print material is required to have the same impact in a given area.

Organisations such as the police force and nhs have been using this method for sometime.  If you require any further information please get in touch.

Kind regards, Richard Bray, Hunters estate agents

marveld

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »
I took a look this morning. It looks like a template has been used and the image has been created by spray washing the pavement. The resulting image is the "cleaned" pavement. Of course it's graffiti. I wonder if they might get away with it because of the nature in which the advert has been created?

Harry

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »
I agree. That is graffiti. But at least the council know who to send the 'clean-up' bill to.

Mike in Marple

Graffiti on Market Street & Derby Way
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:54:40 AM »
Has anyone seen these 'adverts' that have been sprayed onto the ground all down Market Street & Derby Way??  That's not advertising - that's graffiti!!!   >:( >:( >:(

[attachment deleted by admin]