Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Graffiti on Market Street & Derby Way  (Read 8419 times)

amazon

Re: Graffiti on Market Street & Derby Way
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 09:03:44 PM »
Sorry to admit this but I thought the "graffiti" was quite clever and saw no problem with it. It is quite commonplace elsewhere around Manchester.

Dint mean graffiti on derby way was on the wall behind the now closed coop electric shop

marpudlian

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »
Sorry to admit this but I thought the "grafitti" was quite clever and saw no problem with it. It is quite commonplace elsewhere around Manchester.

marveld

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »
It was black spray graffiti. It's been removed now.

Duke Fame

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »
Theres now graffiti on the walls at the back of the now closed coop electric shop .

'clean' grafitti or old fashioned paint grafitti?

amazon

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:50 PM »
Theres now graffiti on the walls at the back of the now closed coop electric shop .

Duke Fame

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »
I’m looking into doing something similar to promote a business venture I’m into, nobody get’s hurt and in the long run, the pavement gets cleaned.

Have you noticed that the last business to do it was made to remove them after they were only down for a couple of days?  If that's the outcome, it would seem like a waste of money to try it again.

And based on the amount of negative publicity that has arisen for Hunters there is something that gets hurt - your own business!!

How were they "made" to remove them?

thebigshed

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
Seems to me like Hunters have got more advertising than they paid for judging by all the extra free publicity they have gained on this forum and elsewhere.  They do say there's no such thing as bad publicity.  That said I don't think I would use them though.

Mike in Marple

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
I’m looking into doing something similar to promote a business venture I’m into, nobody get’s hurt and in the long run, the pavement gets cleaned.

Have you noticed that the last business to do it was made to remove them after they were only down for a couple of days?  If that's the outcome, it would seem like a waste of money to try it again.

And based on the amount of negative publicity that has arisen for Hunters there is something that gets hurt - your own business!!

amazon

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »
Please don't start vandalising market street .if you want to advertise take an add local paper or copy of the beacon . support the lo call free papers     

Duke Fame

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »
Duke Fame: I completely disagree with you. It looked a mess before and it looks a mess now. It's simply graffiti. The company who sprayed the adverts were asked to remove them. Our local council street cleaner informed his boss about the situation and a call was made.

Barbara previously wrote:
He confirmed that it is 'reverse graffiti' and would disappear naturally in about 10 days.
  Well, that's complete nonsense. Those adverts will be around for many, many months.

I hope nobody still believes our pavements deserve more of this kind of treatment to advertise a local event such as the Marple Food Festival.

It’s exactly how the food festival should be promoted, that’s a great idea.

alison

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »
They don't last months - as I said before, I've seen them quite often in Manchester and they do fade and disappear in a matter of weeks.

To be honest what is concerning me more on these boards is the increasing tendancy rather than sharing information and opinions for people to just attack each other or make up conspiracy theories. It's why I hardly ever post any more.

Alison

amazon

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »
 ;D Boycott hunters estate agents

marveld

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
Duke Fame: I completely disagree with you. It looked a mess before and it looks a mess now. It's simply graffiti. The company who sprayed the adverts were asked to remove them. Our local council street cleaner informed his boss about the situation and a call was made.

Barbara previously wrote:
He confirmed that it is 'reverse graffiti' and would disappear naturally in about 10 days.
  Well, that's complete nonsense. Those adverts will be around for many, many months.

I hope nobody still believes our pavements deserve more of this kind of treatment to advertise a local event such as the Marple Food Festival.

Duke Fame

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
If it wasn't massively expensive I guess it would be a good way of promoting local events like the Food and Drink Festival, I'd rather have that than a load of flyers I guess

I agree with that - a great way to promote a local event.  The method itself is quite ingenious.

What really bugs me is the quantity of them - a couple of them I could cope with but there is loads of them!

Also, if I wanted to promote another business outside the front of my shop I'd arrange it.  I know it's a public street but it just seems rude and un-courteous for one trader to do that to another.

It really is a super idea, certainly puting oe outside anter estate agen s cheeky

Sadly I've seen that they have beed jet-wshed away now. I wonder who did tat (I hpe it wasn't ut o coucil coffrs)

It's not ilega

Mike in Marple

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
If it wasn't massively expensive I guess it would be a good way of promoting local events like the Food and Drink Festival, I'd rather have that than a load of flyers I guess

I agree with that - a great way to promote a local event.  The method itself is quite ingenious.

What really bugs me is the quantity of them - a couple of them I could cope with but there is loads of them!

Also, if I wanted to promote another business outside the front of my shop I'd arrange it.  I know it's a public street but it just seems rude and un-courteous for one trader to do that to another.