RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: criminal damage in Rose Hill area. Thursday 10th Feb  (Read 6549 times)

jimblob

Re: criminal damage in Rose Hill area. Thursday 10th Feb
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
I merely identified the officer who arrived as a lone WPC, her gender having no bearing whatsoever on any percieved ability to find and apprehend the youths invloved. The fact that she arrived alone is the key point made here. Interestingly, she was very helpful, thorough (she returned later to update me), and there were no obvious chips on her shoulder about being female!  ;)

marpudlian

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »
I witnessed and chased a group of around 10 youths down railway road and middlwwood way last thursday at around 10pm having first heard and then seen them destroy a neighbours entire new fence. None were prepared to turn around and answer to their behaviour despite my request for them to do so. I called the police and ten minutes later a lone WPC arrived! By this time the youths I'm sure were long gone. I later came to understand that during the evening there had been other instances of damage to cars and fences on Dale Road and in nearby streets. Lets be vigilant and try to find who these youths are if we can.

I was surprised to read that you expected a criminal to stop upon being asked to do so. :o

Also why does it matter that the police officer was female? This doesn't mean she was any less capable of doing her job than a male colleague. Women have been able to join the polcie force for over 100 years.  ::)

moonforest

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 07:02:06 PM »
It's a relief to know we have such a good class of vandal in Marple   ::)

Indeed, we can all sleep soundly in our beds safe in this knowledge. It simply wouldn't do to have common or garden vandals in Marple, would it?  ;)

heather

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »
cant get my head round comes from a good home,does that make a difference,dont think so still vandals.............................

Dave

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 07:26:32 AM »
It's a relief to know we have such a good class of vandal in Marple   ::)

Duke Fame

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 10:15:56 PM »
I am told that the police are already aware of this group. Particularly since they (the youths, not the police) smashed a number of windows at Bowden Hall, as well as damaging many fences in the area.

At least one has been positively identified, prompting the comment from the police that he 'comes from a good home'.

I'd hate my fence to be vandalised by riff raff.

moonforest

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »
I am told that the police are already aware of this group. Particularly since they (the youths, not the police) smashed a number of windows at Bowden Hall, as well as damaging many fences in the area.

At least one has been positively identified, prompting the comment from the police that he 'comes from a good home'.

What an interesting in depth summary of this young person's background!! One wonders what the criteria are for a "good home".

Harry

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »

belleesummerbee

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
These kids will only learn when their actions come back and bite them. I'm sure we've all been guilty of being a bit stupid as a kid, either give them a strong clip around the ear or catch one adn prosecute their parents for hte cost of damage.

Great use of resources and public money; Duke Fame arrested for assault by Police, CPS ponder is it in the public intrest to place the case before the court, small fine and community service.

chicken lady

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »
These kids will only learn when their actions come back and bite them. I'm sure we've all been guilty of being a bit stupid as a kid, either give them a strong clip around the ear or catch one adn prosecute their parents for hte cost of damage.

A clip round the ear? I don't think so, you will be prosecuted for assault on a minor. And no point trying to prosecute the parents, they are not responsible for the actions of their children. So much for the Big Society. report to the police is the best bet, let them take the flak.

Duke Fame

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 01:55:19 PM »

Howard

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
If you've seen them, or you know somebody who knows who they are then report it to the local PCSOs, Wendy and Berni. They are very quick to help with this kind of thing. The details of how to report crime are on the Marple website:
http://www.marple-uk.com/community/police.htm

hollins

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »
Seems to be one gang of circa 10 feral teenagers, regularly to be seen in Marple centre and surrounding streets between 8 and 11 at night, bouncing a football and knocking hell out of anything within reach. Favoured activity appears to be destroying as many fence panels as possible and throwing hard objects at windows and cars.

Somebody please shop them to the police: they are doing a lot of expensive damage.

jimblob

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 01:39:04 PM »
Not suggesting anyone "has a go"... and I'm as careful as anyone when it comes to confronting these people. Just hope that if people keep their eyes and ears open and call the police if they see anything suspicious then eventually, the police will have a chance to at least catch up with these mindless youths. Whether our amazing criminal justice system then manages to deal with the youths is of course another matter.
Interestingly, if the police had put as much resource into finding them at the time than they did making sure to call me back (three times) in their requirment to be "transparent and accountable" we'd have probably caught the little beggars.

marveld

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:40:59 PM »
I applaud your vigilance, but I don’t want anyone to become a casualty in their quest to be a “have a go hero”. Too often, you hear of good neighbours being beaten senseless by gangs of youths. With today’s knife crime, the best thing is to discretely report them. With any luck, they might get caught in the act. If you’ve already highlighted someone is on their case, they are more likely to disperse and vanish into the ether.