Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Anything for teenagers in Marple?  (Read 3845 times)

marpudlian

Re: Anything for teenagers in Marple?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 12:16:27 AM »
Scouts and guides. Google, there's lots of things going on.

If the OP was entertaining the teenagers for a weekend, what use are scouts and guides?  ??? You can't just join for a couple of days.  ;D

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »
Scouts and guides. Google, there's lots of things going on.

Jam

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »
These are fantastic suggestions - thank-you all.  I wish I could do them all!   Have a great weekend!   Jam x

JMC

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:00:32 PM »
I also was thinking rope race. The Bell boat cruise sounds fun as well. Also, it is abit further out than Marple itself, but Lyme park is nice. Also the cafe/ice cream shop on the corner of Church Lane (is it called All Things Nice?) looks like the sort my older kids would love to go to for a bite to eat. Have a lovely weekend.

jet

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
Hi Jam
Why don't you treat your family to a trip down the canal on The Bell 72ft party Narrow boat with a licenced bar and entertainment
Sunday 27th Feb ,1pm Sail, 2 hour cruise £10 per person ,children under 12 half price.Contact the Ring O' Bells on 016142723200 for more info.

Tricky

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »
If you have a GPS you could take them geocaching - http://www.geocaching.com/

Combines a pleasant walk with some "treasure hunting". Plenty of caches in the park and by the canalside. You could combine it with lunch in a nice pub like The Romper. Also the walk to Etherow Park via Brabyns Park and the Iron Bridge is very pleasant. Further afield, there's the Millennium Walkway at New Mills, always impressive if you havent seen it before. Hope that helps..

meh

Cyberman

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:46:21 AM »
If you have a GPS you could take them geocaching - http://www.geocaching.com/

Combines a pleasant walk with some "treasure hunting". Plenty of caches in the park and by the canalside. You could combine it with lunch in a nice pub like The Romper. Also the walk to Etherow Park via Brabyns Park and the Iron Bridge is very pleasant. Further afield, there's the Millennium Walkway at New Mills, always impressive if you havent seen it before. Hope that helps..

myloweb

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:36 PM »
Sorry, there's also Fishing at The Roman Lakes ( speak to Dave in the tackle shop) or the cano club down there as well. Not to mention the numerous football and rugby clubs.
Rose hill Rovers
Marple Rugby Club
Marple Athletic Football Club
Marple or Hawk Green Cricket Club
Marple Golf Club
Etherow Sailing Club

myloweb

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »
Also the dance classes you mentioned Pink Panther although can't remember where you said.

nbt

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Not sure of any bike hire places closer than Ladybower myself, sadly, although a ride down the middlewood way can be most enjoyable.

In the event of bad weather there's indoor rock climbing at rope race (Goyt mill on Hibbert lane), instruction is available I think if you are not experienced and gear can be hired too
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Rachael

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
Bring their bikes and go down the Middlewood way :)  .. there is a place you can hire them from but im not sure where, lunch along the way at some nice pub , tht could suit everyone :)

Jam

Anything for teenagers in Marple?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Hi all,

We moved to Marple in November - What a fabulous place to live!  We are entertaining this weekend and have a couple of teenagers to keep amused (12/13 years).  Any thoughts on what we can do with them?  Thanks