Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
April 23, 2014, 06:06:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

Support Friends of Marple Memorial Park when you shop on-line:

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Norfolk Arms  (Read 24376 times)
Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »

Rather than no license or not renewing license, I understand it was the wrong license.  I dont think the new owners, who are working their ***** off to make a success of the place, would do it intentionally.  As someone said they have to wait a month, and for the next licensing meeting to open again.
alan@romiley

« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »

Well could they perhaps serve free beer and lager up to say 3 pints and charge, but charge an entrance fee of say £8 or sell non alcoholic drinks at £3. with a bog2f?

“Every process in your organization has a customer, and without a customer a process has no purpose. "
Duke Fame

« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »

Open tonight, well done the owners
IanB

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »

Are you sure? Shut tonight.
Duke Fame

« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2012, 11:42:06 PM »

Looked open, seems like it wasn't
My login is Henrietta

« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:22 AM »

Lights were on but it looked like no-one was at home last night. Boards advertising food were out though.
amazon

« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »

Lights were on but it looked like no-one was at home last night. Boards advertising food were out though.

It's still closed .
wheels

« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »

Good
Duke Fame

« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »

Good

Not good surely, it's someone's livelyhood
Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »

I think its dreadful.  Feel so sorry for them Sad They have worked so hard to get it looking good and it might not be everyones cup of tea but at least they have put their money where their mouths are and done something with it!!  Better than it being turned into a shop! or something worse!

Dont understand why anyone could wish them bad luck, especially on a community board!
Duke Fame

« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »

I think its dreadful.  Feel so sorry for them Sad They have worked so hard to get it looking good and it might not be everyones cup of tea but at least they have put their money where their mouths are and done something with it!!  Better than it being turned into a shop! or something worse!

Dont understand why anyone could wish them bad luck, especially on a community board!

Absolutely, the UK economy needs enterprising people who provide employment and wealth. This isn't going to be provided by council clerk who's ambition is limited to having a wet dream over finding an licencing anomaly.

Seriously Wheels, you can't mean that.
Mike W

« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »

Fully agree with Lisa and Duke.  For what it's worth, I thought the revamped Norfolk Arms was terrific - excellent beer, good food and a very pleasant atmosphere.  And a welcome change from the dominance of Robinson's pubs around Marple.  i sincerely hope the owners come through these short-term difficulties and make a real success of the place. 
Osdog

« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2012, 03:45:03 PM »

I understood there was some problem with drinking there, and that in the attempt to throw out the unsavoury character, two cars were damaged when barrels were thrown into the windscreens.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come..... I'm looking forward to trying somewhere else to eat ...

Duke Fame

« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »

I understood there was some problem with drinking there, and that in the attempt to throw out the unsavoury character, two cars were damaged when barrels were thrown into the windscreens.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come..... I'm looking forward to trying somewhere else to eat ...

In which case, it's the unsavory character that needs dealing with, not the pub.
wheels

« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »

I think its dreadful.  Feel so sorry for them Sad They have worked so hard to get it looking good and it might not be everyones cup of tea but at least they have put their money where their mouths are and done something with it!!  Better than it being turned into a shop! or something worse!

Don't understand why anyone could wish them bad luck, especially on a community board!

Absolutely, the UK economy needs enterprising people who provide employment and wealth. This isn't going to be provided by council clerk who's ambition is limited to having a wet dream over finding an licencing anomaly.

Seriously Wheels, you can't mean that.
Yes I do this guy was operating without a licence. Why is he to be cut the slack and others arn't.

I don't see it as good business practice to knowingly  ignore the law.

I put the question back to you you can't seriously support this behaviour.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite