Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Norfolk Arms  (Read 82237 times)

Heritage

Re: Norfolk Arms
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2012, 02:56:50 PM »
Loving the hand-cut chips....to go with my pan-fried steak and my oven-roasted vegetables.... :D

IanB

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
Ate there last week, at the moment it's just bar snacks (though pretty substantial).  I had 'Pie of the day' which was pork & mushroom with hand cut chips whilst my other half had a vegie burger with hand cut chips.  Have to say it was good, with large portions though it did take a while to get served, but since this was the first night they'd served food I'll put it down to teething trouble.

Have to say I do like the Norfolk Arms, being new to Marple Bridge I've no idea what it used to be like, but I like the choice of beers and the way it's been done out.  Mind you I like all the pubs in Marple Bridge :)

amazon

« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »
Marple Bridge Stores is the Post Office! So don't understand what your comment "now that Marple Bridge Stores is no more" means?

Says now open all day and serving food anyone been in for food is it bar snacks or restraunt

gazwhite

« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2012, 07:56:31 AM »
Marple Bridge Stores is the Post Office! So don't understand what your comment "now that Marple Bridge Stores is no more" means?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2012, 03:52:26 AM »
Popped in this week and had a quiet pint - Black Sheep, very nice, but a tad overpriced at £3.20.   

It's early days, but the signs could be good.  It's certainly looking to be a bit different from how it was, and from other pubs in the area, which is all good.  Stripped floorboards, scrubbed tables, contemporary pictures, subdued Miles Davis coming quietly through the speakers.  No food yet, and that will be one key test.

But I think this is a bit premature:
good all round - completes the set of quality pubs in the village.
....but then, gaz is doing his usual valiant job as our resident cheerleader for the Bridge    ;D
A pub with grown up jazz can't be bad.

Today I noticed an advert in the window announcing live music on Thursday. The type of live music is not specified. 

gazwhite

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:02 PM »
Popped in this week and had a quiet pint - Black Sheep, very nice, but a tad overpriced at £3.20.   

It's early days, but the signs could be good.  It's certainly looking to be a bit different from how it was, and from other pubs in the area, which is all good.  Stripped floorboards, scrubbed tables, contemporary pictures, subdued Miles Davis coming quietly through the speakers.  No food yet, and that will be one key test.

....but then, gaz is doing his usual valiant job as our resident cheerleader for the Bridge    ;D

My glass is always half full    :-)

Dave

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:51 AM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »
Well whatever it's going to be I think we can be 100% sure that it's not a top class restaurant refurbishment  I drove past yesterday and they had the old furniture from the Norfolk outside for sale.   Does anyone know what its going to be ?

We made it into a shabby chic table for the kitchen.

gazwhite

« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2012, 07:26:08 PM »
Yes - I've had a few in there - nice surroundings/atmosphere - good all round - completes the set of quality pubs in the village.

amazon

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
I bet it won't be as good a night out as The Vyperz on Friday night ;)

Anybody been in yet ,

Howard

« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:45 AM »
I bet it won't be as good a night out as The Vyperz on Friday night ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
I've been sent this attachment about an event on at the "new" Norfolk

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

mcfc

« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
I think it might have opened last night (very low key and no advertising that I was aware of).  I took a peek through the window today and it does look ready - bar all stocked and furniture all in place.  Don't think the restaurant upstairs is open yet though.

My Brother went on Saturday said it was very nice. Toilets still needed a bit of attention but apart from that it was good. The outside still needs finishing(that big piece of plywood covering the window where the old kitchen used to be looks a mess and the decking needs sorting).

A friend of mine drove past yesterday tea time and said it was open and full of people so I'm going down tonight to have a look.

If anyone fancies buying me a pint I'll be there about 7.30pm

Marplemum

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
I think it might have opened last night (very low key and no advertising that I was aware of).  I took a peek through the window today and it does look ready - bar all stocked and furniture all in place.  Don't think the restaurant upstairs is open yet though.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »
I think its moving well now.  Guess the selling of old stuff is just a way of trying to get a bit of cash back.  Also much better to recycle! I dont see a problem with it myself.  They've been clearing outside and undercoating windows  over last couple of days. I understood this to be a private venture not a big chain so its unlikely they can throw the cash at it all at once and at every problem that arises.. and i bet there were plenty of them in that place. From what I've nosied  it looks great inside