Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Norfolk Arms  (Read 82073 times)

myloweb

Re: Norfolk Arms
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »
Like the Lane Ends, the Norfolk would have been better if someone had turned them into decent bed and breakfast places.
I know a few people who would have used them weekly whilst working over here in God's own country.

hollins

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »
Local history museum?

Henry_

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:36 PM »
Norfolk Arms looks tidy now, but I still can't see what's being done with it... any clues anyone.

No Empty .would be better turned in to apartments .

It would end up like the Hacienda of Marple Bridge - a long, lost, loved haunt of young hedonists converted into trendy living 'spaces' for yuppies. Would be a sad day  :(

Osdog

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:23 PM »
Or a supermarket !  (said tongue in cheek !)   ???

amazon

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
Norfolk Arms looks tidy now, but I still can't see what's being done with it... any clues anyone.

No Empty .would be better turned in to apartments .

Osdog

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »

Henry_

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
There used to be a wine bar in the village - where the chinese is now..... how long did that last........not long !

Howards bar, run by Ted from the Norfolk. Early/mid 90s. Wish the Norfolk could be a decent pub again TBH  :(

Osdog

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »
There used to be a wine bar in the village - where the chinese is now..... how long did that last........not long !

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »
I'd have thought a pub would have been more in keeping with the history of the area than a wine bar...
There used to be five or six pubs on town street in the victorian era all those gothic lamp posts represent.
But that was in the era before television and supermarkets which sold cheaper booze. And before Yps had better places to go than a boring old pub.

I suspect that the mistake the old Norfolk made was the one the Spring Gardens made - too much emphasis on attracting a very young clientele at the expense of driving away the existing customers. Young people are very fickle in their loyalties and when they found something they liked better there was no core customer source for the landlord to fall back on.

Disgusted of Marple

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »
Am I really the only person so far to have used the words Norfolk & good in the same sentence when describing that pub? I'll get me coat, just in case this post gets past admin.

RWW

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »
I'd have thought a pub would have been more in keeping with the history of the area than a wine bar...
There used to be five or six pubs on town street in the victorian era all those gothic lamp posts represent.

Duke Fame

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:44 PM »
Marple Bridge needs a user that complements the village setting. Its one of the last places in stockport where a true village feeling needs to remain. We have enough curry houses in the vicinity. A decent up market wine bar at the very least or preferably turning the building into 2/3 appartments would make better sense both in terms of use and value for the freeholder - do they not realise this ?. We have enough Public houses and enough restaurants in the immediate vicinity for people to enjoy - we do not want or need anymore !!.
The building is LISTED and any user wishing to make any changes to its interior / exterior is going to meet opposition from local people and the LA which is going to cost the user dearly, particularly if they think they are going to erect yet another extract system from the building.

I think a restaurant would be good. It's up to the owner who set's up a business and then it's down to the business owner to get it right to make a success out of it.

law man

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »
Marple Bridge needs a user that complements the village setting. Its one of the last places in stockport where a true village feeling needs to remain. We have enough curry houses in the vicinity. A decent up market wine bar at the very least or preferably turning the building into 2/3 appartments would make better sense both in terms of use and value for the freeholder - do they not realise this ?. We have enough Public houses and enough restaurants in the immediate vicinity for people to enjoy - we do not want or need anymore !!.
The building is LISTED and any user wishing to make any changes to its interior / exterior is going to meet opposition from local people and the LA which is going to cost the user dearly, particularly if they think they are going to erect yet another extract system from the building.

amazon

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
Builders at Norfolk Arms were there for a second day today, working on the interior.  Changes afoot ?

they have put some sort of shutters up inside the bar area .near the windows . 
            does look better with the metal shutters outside down .though /

Monday new board up outside different agent s now for let as bar restraunt .so does thet mean someones bought it and now letting it

amazon

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »
Builders at Norfolk Arms were there for a second day today, working on the interior.  Changes afoot ?

they have put some sort of shutters up inside the bar area .near the windows . 
             does look beter with the metal shutters outside down .though /