Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Grids  (Read 6154 times)

sgk

Re: Grids
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
I like the bit that goes: 'A spokesman for Solidcast Ltd said: "We kick out people if they are suspicious and don’t want to have stolen metal on our premises."

Oh yeah?    ::)

Visited Solidcast 78 times.  Perhaps their suspicion threshold is reached on the 80th visit.

Dave

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
I like the bit that goes: 'A spokesman for Solidcast Ltd said: "We kick out people if they are suspicious and don’t want to have stolen metal on our premises."

Oh yeah?    ::)

Bowden Guy

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »
Don't worry Duke - he's said he won't do it again.

Duke Fame

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »

I attended the Marple Community Council Meeting last night and I was delighted to learn that a man has been arrested in connection with inquiries being made concerning theft of grids in the Marple area

12 month sentence dished out today.  http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1597239_grid-covers-worth-250k-stolen-in-six-month-theft-spree-in-stockport

He looks a wrongun

sgk

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »

I attended the Marple Community Council Meeting last night and I was delighted to learn that a man has been arrested in connection with inquiries being made concerning theft of grids in the Marple area

12 month sentence dished out today.  http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1597239_grid-covers-worth-250k-stolen-in-six-month-theft-spree-in-stockport

alan@marple

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Mark, I shall reply by personal message

Alan

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 06:17:21 AM »
Why not enlighten us now that the meeting is done Alan? It may encourage people to attend the them in future if they understand what is being discussed. There are also lots of people who can't attend who may still be interested to know what the Community Council are up to. The CC used to have a web site that was a section of the Community pages on this web site where their minute were published but it fizzled out. Do they have their own site now that does this? If not I'd be pleased to publish the minutes on-line.

Had anyone attended the community council meeting tonight, they would have been enlightened about this and many other items concerning the Marple district
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
Had anyone attended the community council meeting tonight, they would have been enlightened about this and many other items concerning the Marple district

badger

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:21:25 PM »
I have been reliably informed that the person concerned has been arrested, at least for this area, it seems to be widespread in the borough.

Neil Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »
Re: grids being stolen, I now believe the police are now looking into them ;D

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
I am reliably informed that the spate of "gridnicking" is abated (at least for the time being)!

stockport road

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »
Really ?

How do they go on unblocking them ? ???

sgk

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:29:38 PM »
I see that where they had to replace stolen grids, the Stockport Council have tarmac'd the new ones into place.  I guess it makes stealing them next time a little trickier.

stockport road

Grids
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »
Due to the recent number of stolen grids in the area , I have contacted Stockport council about supplying them with a hardened rubber permanent replacement .

Will cost a fraction of the price , just as strong and weatherproof , and various designs + sizes to suit

Watch this space !

:)