Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Judo classes for infants?  (Read 4751 times)

Rachael

Re: Judo classes for infants?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »
Go for it !!!

There are quite a few Mums and Dads who attend with their children, my husband goes on a saturday when he can with both my children , my husband is a yellow belt, but doesnt want to progress further, he just does it for the excersise which is fine by Rob :)

elpram

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
www.marplekarateclub.co.uk

This is the link for the karate club at the mill Elpram  :)

Thanks! Quite like the sound of the family session...maybe he will be more inclined to join in if I am also mucking in  ;D

JMC

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 10:52:57 PM »
I think I would also be one of the 'thinking I was having a heart attack' variety at Zumba/step class! I am on a strict diet and when I get to reasonable shape and fitness I am going to have a go so thanks for letting me know about the other classes  :)

Rachael

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »
I know one of the instructors who does Zumba, as she does a step class, and she is a fantastic instructor but I know I wont be able to keep up, and then I feel under pressure . ( I went to the step class, and also thought I was going to have a heart attack )

Gary and Chris are mad as hatters , and will probably poke a lot of fun at me doing zumba ( in a totaly friendly way )  but its the difference at being rubbish at something and having fun,  and being rubbish at something and not having fun  for me  ... there will defo be no pressure on me to keep up,    with their class ... Im waffling , I know !

Rachael

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »
www.marplekarateclub.co.uk

This is the link for the karate club at the mill Elpram  :)

elpram

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
Thanks to all for your suggestions - I would rather somewhere in Marple for convenience so may try and steer him back towards karate!

BTW - there are already a couple of Zumba classes going on - Monday at MHS and Tues at Brabyns - I tried one and thought I was going to have a heart attack! There is a lot going on at once with arms legs feet head etc in zumba ,,, it was good fun but perhaps not really my thing!

elpram

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
Hi I am not sure if i am allowed to put a link on but one of my children does karate with a very good club who are opening a new class at Marple Hall 6-7 on Thursday (it used to be at the Ridge on a Sat but they had to change venue). I highly recommend Sensai's Moore and Grice and they do alot of work in schools as well and are lovely people. The lessons are very cheap as well. If anyone wants more info or link to the website let me know.

This was the karate class I knew of but having taken my son once to watch he was very reluctant. Was going to try him again but Thurs is my yoga night and my need is greater than his!

JMC

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
Thanks PP,

Here is a link to the site for young karate club that my daughter attends. I think it's 2 or 3 pound a week.

http://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk/Marple%20Centre.htm

Zumba sounds alot of fun. I was just saying to my hubby that I could do with something like that, I am not sure I could keep up though!! Will look forward to the details appearing on here  :)

Rachael

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »
Hi JMC ,

This website is a great place for advertising local classes  :) ,  My sons dance teacher is starting Zumba classes soon in Marple, I shall be the first to shout about it on here, cos I just know its going to be great :)

Rachael

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »
Hi Denise ,

Congratulations on your son getting his Red belt,  I bet he was really chuffed ( and you too :)    )

If you stay to watch your son, well my Oldest son helps out at the Junior class, he has been helping for some months now and really enjoys it , he is hoping to get his black belt in the summer .  He did have a break for a couple of years due to a hip problem, but has been back in full force for a few years now and really gets alot out of it :)

JMC

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Hi I am not sure if i am allowed to put a link on but one of my children does karate with a very good club who are opening a new class at Marple Hall 6-7 on Thursday (it used to be at the Ridge on a Sat but they had to change venue). I highly recommend Sensai's Moore and Grice and they do alot of work in schools as well and are lovely people. The lessons are very cheap as well. If anyone wants more info or link to the website let me know.

Deniseam

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »
My son also attended the beginners class until last week at Marple Bujinkai (he got his red belt and moved to the next class).  Its weird to think that we know people from their forum names but not know their faces and may be sat next to them at all sorts of places in Marple!

thebigshed

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:16:47 PM »
My son used to go to Judo lessons at Jackson's Lane school in Hazel Grove.  The lessons are on Saturday afternoon.

Rachael

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
p.s  just a thought, I know they were doing Judo early in the morning at Rose Hill primary school ( its a few years back, and I dont know if they still do ? )  .. if other schools in the local community were also involved, it maybe an idea to have a word with someone in the school office , they might have the number of someone who could help you ?

Rachael

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »
Ive not heard of Judo classes in Marple for youngsters,  I have just looked on google and cant see anything nearby there to help you  either .

I know you said you know about the Karate classes,  but if you cant find the Judo class  you want, both my children attend Marple bujinkai, and they do a beginners class for 5 to 7 year olds on a Tuesday night , I can highly reccomend the club .

If you need it, the number is  0797 3856694 and the instructor is Rob Dixon, he is brilliant with the children and has the patience of a saint ( he must do, he has been instructing my son for over ten years !! )