Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Brambles, Stockport Rd  (Read 6999 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Brambles, Stockport Rd
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »
Went in with a friend a while back. Completely empty apart from the two of us and two waiting staff who completely ignored us apart from a withering look when we tried to attract attention (politely). We gave it 20 minutes and then left.

Duke Fame

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
I agree it's a great shame. I know they had trouble with chefs. We tried to book a meal several times and they had no chef, or they were changing the kitchen for a new chef. When we did eventually get booked in the meal was really good, great value and good service and we were keen to go again. But when we tried to book again a few weeks later we couldn't as they were between chefs again.

It's difficult, they had a chef and two working the tables. With so few covers and that headcount, it really has to be busy from 10 a.m with teas etc through to the night time.

Shame as it was good vale and a nice atmosphere at times.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »
I agree it's a great shame. I know they had trouble with chefs. We tried to book a meal several times and they had no chef, or they were changing the kitchen for a new chef. When we did eventually get booked in the meal was really good, great value and good service and we were keen to go again. But when we tried to book again a few weeks later we couldn't as they were between chefs again.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Cripes

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
Not surprised. You only get out what you put in. This is a serious industry and it takes a lot of dedication, passion and knowledge to succeed. I hope that they learn from this and be a success in future.

What do you mean by that?! We had some great meals there  ::)

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »
Not surprised. You only get out what you put in. This is a serious industry and it takes a lot of dedication, passion and knowledge to succeed. I hope that they learn from this and be a success in future.

And therein finishes the patronising reply of the week.

richard

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »

Cripes

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 11:38:02 AM »
or try brambles.. they did an amazing job with a gang of 21 a couple of weeks ago.

They've just announced they are closing Brambles which I think is a real shame as we really liked it there.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
or try brambles.. they did an amazing job with a gang of 21 a couple of weeks ago.

Duke Fame

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »
The name escapes me but it is someone from Marple who has took it over , I hope they do well too :)

When it was open before , the opening hours were so erratic we never knew when to give it a go. 

Rachael

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
The name escapes me but it is someone from Marple who has took it over , I hope they do well too :)

alan@marple

Brambles, Stockport Rd
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:55:19 PM »
I've only just noticed that Brambles wine bar, has re opened, I do hope they do well