Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Closing of Marple's Public Toilets  (Read 44013 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Closing of Marple's Public Toilets
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 12:06:44 PM »
100 signatures have just arrived from Marple's Bowling Club  ;D

Can anyone going to the Marple Bridge Street Party take some petition sheets along?

Potentially 800 signatures there  :o
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:55 AM »
The petition is available at Stationery Supplies on Stockport Road, so pop-in as you're passing to add your signature  ;D

Marple Civic Society and the Bowling Club have written letters to the council and Marple Carnival Committee have said they will.

I have received petition sheets totalling 200 signatures so far and will be sending what I hope is the first installment to the council after our task day on Saturday.

Keep 'em coming folks!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »
Still think the urilift is OK for the busy nights out in Marple   ;D

http://www.urilift.com/news.php
Maybe a little modern for Marple don't you think ! 

Water Rat

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »
Still think the urilift is OK for the busy nights out in Marple   ;D

http://www.urilift.com/news.php

marveld

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 06:32:57 PM »
and the unlocking of the loos

Have they closed? You make it sound as if they have.

Mr Marple

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
I've signed and am hopeful for open ears and the unlocking of the loos ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
I have been asked twice today to sign to stop the closing of the toilets in the Memorial Park by two different men.  It's driving me crazy now, trying to put names to AKA faces.  I was tempted to ask but didn't ! As an air of mystery is not really a bad thing  ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Thank you Miss Marple, your first petition sheets have arrived and we now have 120 signatures in the bag (my wife has been collecting too). Please keep them coming everyone!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »
No, there's not a formal deadline as such. I'd like to have a few hundred in say a couple of weeks but we could continue increasing the numbers after that. I haven't received any yet but wouldn't have expected to just yet either.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »
Is there a deadline for The forms being sent back to you ?  And have you had a good response from members of the forum ?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »
Friends of Memorial Park have now written to Cllr Candler and David Brayshay (Head of Parks & Recreation) expressing our concern and objection to the potential closure of the public toilets in the park. We have also written to a number of local organisations asking them to reinforce the message and to help with the petition.

If we get a good response from this I think it could make a difference to the eventual outcome. Please give your support by downloading the petition and collecting some signatures.

www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/memorialpark/toilets_petition.pdf
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
I don't think that the toilets in the council offices could be used due to security, the building that houses the toilets are not open to the public due to security risks.  Now you  can no longer see a social worker face to face you have to go via a contact centre based in Reddish  :-\

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 07:21:21 AM »
The toilets in the library are available to the public. They are upstairs and not very conveniently located (excuse pun) - go and have a look next time you're there and see what you think for children and less able folk to use them. It is also possible that toilets in the council offices or citizen's advice may be made available too.

But the offices are shut on Saturday and both are shut on Sunday, not to mention bank holidays. So what would park users do on Sundays - one of the busiest days of the week? We are trying to encourage use of the park and make it a better place for all (and succeeding) but these proposals will take away vital facilities.

The Friends of the Park are only concerned with the toilets in the park, not the recreation ground or precinct.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marpudlian

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »
If the public toilets are to closed could toilets in the library / council offices be opened to the public instead?

The toilets in the precinct and the park are well used but I expect the ones on the recreation ground and next to the tip are used nowhere near as much.

Sea

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »
I will ask the parents at Brabyns Prep School to sign when we return after the easter holidays - we use the park for various little outings.
I already curse when they aren't open when I need them with my own children, let alone if they weren't there at all!