Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Council Meetings live online feed or video record  (Read 4190 times)

Carl Rydings

Re: Council Meetings live online feed or video record
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
It shouldn't (and i wouldn't want it to) make your council tax higher, as you know the Conservative lead
government has frozen council tax for a second year and Conservative councils charge £114 less for a
band D property than a Lib Dem Council in the first place.

As for the cost, there are a few ways we can pay for this. for one Conservatives have took a 10% reduction in their allowances,
if every councilor did that we could use that money. Also, another post on here has talked about reducing the number of
Councilors from 3 to 2 per ward or we could work with the new local TV channel that Ofcom are working on.

http://www.public-i.info/ is the company most councils (like Brentwood Council) use to live stream their meetings.

Good idea (though it could also turn out to be an effective cure for insomnia  ;D)

Btw, Carl, last week on another thread you wrote 'Marple North did a survey recently, it showed two-thirds where against and one-third for another supermarket in Marple.'

I asked you about the survey: whether you could tell us more about it? Who conducted it, how it was done, the size and profile of the sample, etc? Also, about 'Marple North' - does that mean Marple North Conservative Association?  

You said you'd get back to us on this, but you haven't yet - any news?  

I do apologies for that, i did contact Annette and haven't had the figures back as yet, i will ask again and post when i get them.
i wish i could give them to you right now, however i was not involved in the survey and only have the headline at the moment.

Please see: http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3554.msg22053#msg22053

Carl Rydings

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
It shouldn't (and i wouldn't want it to) make your council tax higher, as you know the Conservative lead
government has frozen council tax for a second year and Conservative councils charge £114 less for a
band D property than a Lib Dem Council in the first place.

As for the cost, there are a few ways we can pay for this. for one Conservatives have took a 10% reduction in their allowances,
if every councilor did that we could use that money. Also, another post on here has talked about reducing the number of
Councilors from 3 to 2 per ward or we could work with the new local TV channel that Ofcom are working on.

http://www.public-i.info/ is the company most councils (like Brentwood Council) use to live stream their meetings.

Good idea (though it could also turn out to be an effective cure for insomnia  ;D)

Btw, Carl, last week on another thread you wrote 'Marple North did a survey recently, it showed two-thirds where against and one-third for another supermarket in Marple.'

I asked you about the survey: whether you could tell us more about it? Who conducted it, how it was done, the size and profile of the sample, etc? Also, about 'Marple North' - does that mean Marple North Conservative Association?  

I do apologies for that, i did contact Annette and haven't had the figures back as yet, i will ask again and post when i get them.
i wish i could give them to you right now, however i was not involved in the survey and only have the headline at the moment.

marpleexile

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
What is this going to cost me as a Council Tax payer, I take it that (from your photograph) due to your youthfull looks are in the lucky position that you don't have to pay Council Tax, and can I take it that you are the new adopted local Conservative candidate for the May elections. May be an idea if you give some details of your connections with Marple on this web site.

LOL - It could cost very little at all to do. All you would need would be a laptop, video camera, internet connection (all of which the council already own and would require not outlay), and a free UStream (or similar) account.

In reality, if it were ever done (and I doubt very much that it ever would be), the council and their IT suppliers would manage to spend a small fortune on it.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »
Good idea (though it could also turn out to be an effective cure for insomnia  ;D)

Harry

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »
Victor, he already has done. See his previous postings.

Victor M

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
What is this going to cost me as a Council Tax payer, I take it that (from your photograph) due to your youthfull looks are in the lucky position that you don't have to pay Council Tax, and can I take it that you are the new adopted local Conservative candidate for the May elections. May be an idea if you give some details of your connections with Marple on this web site.

Carl Rydings

Carl Rydings

Council Meetings live online feed or video record
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »
Hi All,

I would like to draw attention to my ePetition on Stockport Council's website to ask
the council to provide a live online feed or at least video record the main council
meetings and make available on the council website as well as YouTube.

This will help to improve democracy, transparency and accountability. As it will give
people who cant get down to the council meeting to watch what decision their
Councilors are making on their behalf.

Best Regards,
Carl