Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Update on water leak on Mount Drive  (Read 1921 times)

amazon

Re: Update on water leak on Mount Drive
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Sorry for late reply http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/private-sewers/index.htm all info on there website .

email from them to me .i october 2011   is the earliest date that transfer can happen because of the statutory process
involved in bringing the transfer regulations into effect which requires parliamentary approval and subsequent declarations of vesting [ ownership] and notification which water and sewerage companies
 will be reguired to make by the regulations .
    Hope this helps once again sorry for late reply . defra website for more info .

Victor M

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:09 PM »
Amazon, could you please publish more information about this on the forum as I haven't heard of this imminent change.
Thanks

amazon

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
iKnow that this is not much use to you now But from the first off October this year united utilities are taking over all responsibility for sewers and private water pipes they Will be responsible for repair and maintenance .on all private property . if i were you point this out to them tell them only a few months then they will have to repair any way .

If You need any more info email me .   

zebedee

Update on water leak on Mount Drive
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »
Hello,

This is just to update anyone who's wondering what's going on with the leak on Mount Drive,
i've emailed all the councillors, one has been in touch (Chris) and had a look into it,
basically United Utilities and the Council are squabbling over responsibility over a 60 year old pipe,
and because they can't agree are looking back at us, but we've literally have not got the funds to fix this.
I am personally disgusted with the level of standards from all involved in this matter, from the lack of genuine initiative and personal job satisfaction to fix a problem on their 'patch', to the spineless pen pushers fuelling the argument of responsibility of ownership, pathetic individuals all of them.

The water will continue to pour down the path until someone gets hurt and a lawsuit ensues, such is the nature of our crap society.

Any ideas anyone?