Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Missing Grids  (Read 3175 times)

sgk

Re: Missing Grids
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:26 PM »
Constable Drive, Kemp Road, Fernwood all missing many grids this week.

sgk

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »
£250 a pop to replace them.  Stockport Express reported in October that 50 had been stolen at that point.
http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1345699_gully_lid_thefts_will_cost_council_thousands

Discussion of the problem over at the Hazel Grove forum too.
http://www.hazel-grove.co.uk/forum/posts.asp?TID=2520

tina

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »
missing on Primrose Ave aswell, My son is most upset as his £15 football is now stuck down the grid!

Cyberman

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 12:46:11 PM »
There have been major disruptions to our local train service recently, caused by theft of signalling cables. The scumbags responsible for this show similar absence of thought for other people's safety. The annoying thing is they'll get a hundred quid or so (if that) for the hardware, and cause £ tens of thousands of damage in the process. Its not an excuse, but I suppose increased hardship and decreasing police presence will lead to this sort of thing. I think a more proactive approach is required - cctv, patrols, etc.

andy+kirsty

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »
A number are missing alone Cross Lane and the attached roads.

I think the Scrap Merchants are as much to blame as the scum bags who are pinching them.

A

tonyjones

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that a number of surface water grids were missing in the Ley Hey and Norbury Drive area and had cones over the holes.

The holes left by these thefts pose a serious hazard to both motorists and pedestrians especially when there is heavy snow and the hole cannot be seen.

Obviously the thieves are only concrened about making a few pounds and not about people's safety.

jet

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »
Yes they are being stolen by organised crime

marveld

Missing Grids
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Anyone else noticed the disappearance of main sewer grids on our roads? I've counted 6 on the Marple Hall estate (and I've only used the roads I normally use). Are they being stolen for scrap metal?