A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Retirement Homes in Marple  (Read 2436 times)

Cripes

Re: Retirement Homes in Marple
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »
We've had assessments done and more, his situation has been oingoing for a while.  I was asking for unbiased reports really, I know we can get reports CSCI online, however despite reading these when we first looking, the reality of them home bore little resemblance to what we witnessed.  As with any review, the best/most honest come from the users.  He is self funding btw.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 11:58:36 PM »
Further to the above, my mother who formerly lived in Marple, went into Laurel Bank Residential Care Home at Gee Cross, Hyde, 5 months ago and has settled well. The home is very well kept, the staff are excellent and I have no complaints about my mother's care

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 11:54:04 PM »
Age Concern (or whatever it's new name is) will supply a list of homes suitable for your relative's needs but you really need to have an assessment made to establish exactly what his needs are as it can be very distressing and disorientating if the person has to move when s/he has become settled in one place. Speak to your father's doctor about a referral to social services.

Age concern can also supply leaflets about the various aspects of residential care and the finances involved

Regarding costs - Stockport Council have been very helpful to me with advice and information about the financial side.

Google for Care Quality Commission reports on the homes you are looking at. A word to the wise....there are two establishments in Marple, run by the same company, that I would not touch with a very long barge pole.

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:13:18 PM »
By Retirement homes do you mean some one to look after him . or is he ok on his own .if so Smithy court is ok .

Residential homes really, he has dementia, although he's very sociable and *touch wood* has been on a plateau for a while, so we would like him to be around people that are not really as poorly as the residents where he is at present.
You may need a community care assessment from social services unless he has savings over £23.500  You can also get inspection reports on line

Susan

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
My gran has Alzheimers and she is in Brabyns House on Station Road.

Cripes

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
By Retirement homes do you mean some one to look after him . or is he ok on his own .if so Smithy court is ok .

Residential homes really, he has dementia, although he's very sociable and *touch wood* has been on a plateau for a while, so we would like him to be around people that are not really as poorly as the residents where he is at present.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »

Cripes

Retirement Homes in Marple
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
Can anyone recommend any nice retirement homes in Marple? We are looking to move my father in law and its difficult to find out 'real' reviews without knowing somebody with a relative that is actually cared for in one.