Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Linked Events

• FoRHS Celebration: December 13, 2010

Author Topic: Friends of Rose Hill Station - Mulled wine and cake  (Read 6429 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Friends of Rose Hill Station - Mulled wine and cake
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
I think Marple would benefit from a cable car connection from Rose Hill to Marple st & Stockport.

Cable Car?  ??? You mean like in 'Where Eagles Dare'!  With Clint Eastwood clinging to the roof??

Exactly, although I thought it was Richard Burton?

I was thinking more Alton towers, travelling at around 10-15 MPH, that would beat the rush hour traffic. Link up to Stockport railway station, charge £2 a trip. I wonder how much it costs to keep Rose Hill open?

It may atttract tourists, an MP3 guide could point out attractions like that fella off 4 in a bed's B&B and the B&B off of 4 in a bed.

Harry

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »
A Cable Car like they have in San Francisco ???

It could be quite a tourist attraction too.

Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »
I think Marple would benefit from a cable car connection from Rose Hill to Marple st & Stockport.

Cable Car?  ??? You mean like in 'Where Eagles Dare'!  With Clint Eastwood clinging to the roof??

Duke Fame

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
While there's a nice party going on at Rose Hill, maybe we should hold a wake at Marple station  ;)  Because those additional Rose Hill trains are not actually additional at all - they have simply been switched from Marple.  Marple station has a huge amount more car parking than Rose Hill and is used by far more people.  And as one of those people, I can tell you that the ridiculous little two-carriage trains serving Marple are now even more overcrowded than ever.  Was this really such a good idea.....   ???

I have to agree with you, I think Marple would benefit from a cable car connection from Rose Hill to Marple st & Stockport. Reckon it would remove traffic and Rose hill could be closed. It wouldn't cost much to do.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:08:46 AM »
While there's a nice party going on at Rose Hill, maybe we should hold a wake at Marple station  ;)  Because those additional Rose Hill trains are not actually additional at all - they have simply been switched from Marple.  Marple station has a huge amount more car parking than Rose Hill and is used by far more people.  And as one of those people, I can tell you that the ridiculous little two-carriage trains serving Marple are now even more overcrowded than ever.  Was this really such a good idea.....   ???

andy+kirsty

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »

For those of you who were working on Monday - like myself - there is a good chance I will be knocking back a few tins of special brew on the way into town this weekend, if you fancy sharing a celebratory / festive swig, just ask!

On a serious note, its been a long time coming. The accessability of the station is not to be underestimated, for those in wheelchairs or the fairer sex who like to wear silly shoes.

Well done team.

(are we expecting a late night return service - say 11pm ish any time soon?)

Andy

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »
Seems I managed to hide the images in this new album but they're revealed now  :-[
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:58:43 AM »
We now have some photos of this event in the Virtual Tour, thanks to Arthur Procter and Terry Wood.

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=103
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

FoRHS

Friends of Rose Hill Station - Mulled wine and cake
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »
Friends of Rose Hill Station invite you the station on Monday 13th December 2010 at 10:30am to celebrate the additional train service to Manchester Piccadilly, setting off at 10:51am.
Cake, mince pies and mulled wine will be served accompanied by local dignitaries and Rose Hill School choir.