Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Serious Water Leak since April 2010  (Read 2372 times)

zebedee

Re: Serious Water Leak since April 2010
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 02:55:09 PM »
This leak is on Mount Drive, i've emailed all the Councillors in Marple North and South sectors.

moonforest

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 05:59:26 AM »
Hi zebedee. We have a very similar problem on the road I live on, identical in fact! I have often thought how dangerous this water would be if it froze in the current weather conditions, especially for the many elderly people who live nearby and who have to negotiate this part of the footpath every day.

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »
Is it on Church St?
If this problem is caising any form of danger to the public, especially in these icy conditions, then I would have thought that the local elected representative would bend over backwards to cause for the problem to be sorted!

There is a duty of care to be exercised here!

Would you care to name the official/s to who this ha been reported.

You might even want to consider the following link, even if just to record it.

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

sgk

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:41 AM »
No, Andrew is your Member of Parliament.

Councillor details can be seen at http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/councildemocracy/democracy/councillors/cllrsbyname/

zebedee

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I'm not from this area, is it Andrew Stunnel i need to contact?
zebedee

RAY NOBLE

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »
E-MAIL ALL THE LOCAL COUNCILORS AND KEEP DOING IT UNTILL IT IS SORTED. WE HAD A LEAK ON CHURCH LANE FOR ABOUT TEN YEARS WE HAD ABOUT SIX REPAIR TEAMS CAME EACH ONE SAID "NOTHING TO DO WITH US MATE" THEN TWO LADS WITH BRAINS CAME AND SORTED IT EARLY THIS YEAR. RAY.

zebedee

Serious Water Leak since April 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
Hello,

I am posting a topic on behalf of my mother-in-law, regarding a serious water leak that's been leaking since April 2010.
We call and complain and nobody wants to take responsibility to repair it. (we can't afford to)
The council and United Utilitiies have investigated they have dug it up approximately 5 times.
It appears to a layman to be a leaking mains pipe outside the boundary line and water running along the public footpath and down a drain.
The mains pipe must be 40-50 years old, the homeowner said, it's never been replaced, there's standing water constantly.
We have been handed from United Utilities back to the Council into no-mans land. The pipe has thought to have been repaired once and it sprung a leak further along
so it looks like the whole pipe needs replacing on the street. (i.e can of worms).
Does anyone know who I can contact with any clout to resolve this matter?

best regards,

zebedee