All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Henry Edmund Beswick  (Read 8376 times)

beswick1

Re: Henry Edmund Beswick
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »
Hi Cheran, I have sent a PM to clarify about Henry's GREAT GRANDPARENTS.

cheran

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »
I have this info. on Henry Edmund Beswick.
b Chadkirk, Stockport. (sometimes Henry and sometimes Edmund). Son of Mary Beswick (1825) - unmarried daughter of Thomas Beswick (1801). M Sarah Bennett <Dec. 1870 in Hayfield, Glossop. Had sons Ellis (1875-1937) and James (1877). Lived with mother with grandparents in 1851 & 1861 census (Romiley, Stockport and Dinting Glossop.). In 1871 was at Queens Street, Whitfield, Glossop (a labourer at print works) with wife Sarah (a calico weaver). In 1881 census was with wife and sons and Mother Mary Beswick at 16, Simmondley Lane, Glossop Dale, Derbyshire and was a Labourer. In 1891 was at 216 HighSt. West, Glossop with wife and 2 sons and was a self employed barber. His brother in law (Joseph Bennett{1827}) was a boarder in 1881 & 1891. In 1901 was at Dinting Vale, Glossop. ? died in Glossop in 1908.  His grandparents were Joel Beswick and Grace Raffald.  I have more on their ancestors as I am descended from Mary's brother Samuel.

hI

I have sent you PM.....  I have Samuel on my data base and taken from the early census when Henry (Edmund) was with his Grand Parents...  and I would love to learn a little more of the family....

Sorry I was little confused by the Grandparents you have as above as Joel Beswick and Grace Raffald....???? I thought his Grandparents would be Thomas and Maria?  I can't quite fit Joel in but may be I am misunderstanding somthing here. ???

looking forward to touching base a little more

Cheran

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »
b Chadkirk, Stockport. (sometimes Henry and sometimes Edmund). Son of Mary Beswick (1825) - unmarried daughter of Thomas Beswick (1801). M Sarah Bennett <Dec. 1870 in Hayfield, Glossop. Had sons Ellis (1875-1937) and James (1877). Lived with mother with grandparents in 1851 & 1861 census (Romiley, Stockport and Dinting Glossop.). In 1871 was at Queens Street, Whitfield, Glossop (a labourer at print works) with wife Sarah (a calico weaver). In 1881 census was with wife and sons and Mother Mary Beswick at 16, Simmondley Lane, Glossop Dale, Derbyshire and was a Labourer. In 1891 was at 216 HighSt. West, Glossop with wife and 2 sons and was a self employed barber. His brother in law (Joseph Bennett{1827}) was a boarder in 1881 & 1891. In 1901 was at Dinting Vale, Glossop. ? died in Glossop in 1908.  His grandparents were Joel Beswick and Grace Raffald.  I have more on their ancestors as I am descended from Mary's brother Samuel.

It may be worth you sending Cheran a PM, which will send an email to the registered email address. This way you can be more certain of the information being received.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

beswick1

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:27:03 PM »
thanks for that......  do you know how to see electoral roll online as I am from Australia???

Cheran

Sorry for the delay try this for searching for Beswicks in Marple

www.192.com/Electoral_Roll_2010

cheran

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »
thanks for that......  do you know how to see electoral roll online as I am from Australia???

Cheran

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »
:)Hi

I am doing research for my Family tree and have been following up the Beswick Family....

I have a Henry Edmund Beswick born about September 1847, Marple, Chadkirk?, Stockport? Cheshire who's mother is a Mary Beswick and I am looking see if It is poosible to find any birth records for Henry.

I have found I him I thin on free BMD Sept quarter vol 19 page 246 birth Stockport.  On Cheshire BMD it has birth 1847 in Marple.

On census he is with his grandparents with Edmund Beswick name born Chadkirk....

His grandparents names are Thomas and Maria Beswick?

Any help would be appreciated, I am not sure if there are any records held in Marple that I could look UP?

Thanks

Cheran :-\

Beswick.....Sweet shop? In the 1950s? If any of their family is around and traceable they may be related and might have info

Try the electoral roll

sooty2

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »
Back in the Seventies I had a teacher of elocution named Mary Beswick from Compstall, near Marple.I know she died some years ago.I believe her maiden name was Green. I have heard there is a Tom Green in compstall. I will see if I can find out more.

cheran

Henry Edmund Beswick
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »
 :)Hi

I am doing research for my Family tree and have been following up the Beswick Family....

I have a Henry Edmund Beswick born about September 1847, Marple, Chadkirk?, Stockport? Cheshire who's mother is a Mary Beswick and I am looking see if It is poosible to find any birth records for Henry.

I have found I him I thin on free BMD Sept quarter vol 19 page 246 birth Stockport.  On Cheshire BMD it has birth 1847 in Marple.

On census he is with his grandparents with Edmund Beswick name born Chadkirk....

His grandparents names are Thomas and Maria Beswick?

Any help would be appreciated, I am not sure if there are any records held in Marple that I could look UP?

Thanks

Cheran :-\