Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Co-op shopping - Check your receipt!  (Read 5561 times)

alison

Re: Co-op shopping - Check your receipt!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
the reduced item thing happens everywhere - I always have to watch carefully at Asda for that. Shop workers are trained to cover the barcodes and checkout staff are trained to scan carefully, but I guess not everyone is a dilligent as we would like them to be

Marplenewbie

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Also check any items you buy from the reduced section..........I learned that one when the bar codes didn't cover the old prices and reduced items were being charged at full price!!

marveld

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
Indeed - check your Co-op receipt! Last week (28/9) I bought a new large tube of pringles for £2.04, but when I got home and checked my receipt the item had scanned through at £2.49.

I went into the shop today (5/10) and these crisps were still being displayed at £2.04 and scanning through at £2.49. Bryce is now aware of the error, but if I'm in the store this Fri/Sat, I'll double check!

I'd only bought a few items and recalled the price of the pringles. I guess it's impossible to check you're not being ripped off on a large shop - it's not possible to remember the isle price of everything you buy.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »
I don't expect to have to examine every item on the till receipt for errors (which are usually in the shops favour).
More fool you. I always check mine and you'd be surprised how often there is an error - and, as you say, always on the side of the shop!

Cyberman

Co-op shopping - Check your receipt!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »
Just been shopping in our local co-op. Amongst the items I bought were Cheddar biscuits which were buy one, get one free - so I picked up two. However at the till I was charged for two not one! Luckily I spotted it and the money was refunded with no question (and not much of an apology - surprising as they are breaking the law!).

I don't expect to have to examine every item on the till receipt for errors (which are usually in the shops favour). Come on Co-op - more vigilance please!