A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: BT Infinity in Marple  (Read 16006 times)

jogger

Re: BT Infinity in Marple
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 08:33:21 AM »
Heaton Moor, Didsbury,Wilmslow,Denton are up and running now, Stepping Hill is being worked on as we speak, we are putting the spine in from Stepping Hill exchange to Stockport exchange.

Once that's in you will see all the new D slams appearing in that area.

I've seen up to Phase 6,(2012) let me just say it's really important we get as many people to vote to hurry up the process.

Mr Marple

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:14 AM »
Here's a link for the Infinity subject

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_infinity

After clicking or pasting the above link go to the "When we're planning to come to your area here" and that will show date information on where and when Infinity will be in the Stockport and surrounding areas.

Hope it helps you.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
Thanks let me do it tonight .vote no 27 it says good luck hope you manage to have bt infinity installed inthe area .

Jo Scarlett

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »
I managed to vote and I'm not a BT customer and haven't been for years!  Try again........... :-)

amazon

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
Same here - it's BT or nothing where we are.  I've just voted and discovered that so far there have been only 20 votes from Marple, out of about 10,500 altogether.  Come on everyone, let's make an effort   ;D
            ICant vote for you its for bt customers only it wont let me . acount no etc surly this is not right i should be able to vote if i want i might need to change from virgin media .

jogger

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
Neil when we eventually get "BT Infinity" in our exchange area,they will put in a brand new fibre infrastructure in the area,which every cabinet(the green boxies you see dotted about) will have a "D Slam" near it, which will have a direct feed from Marple exchange.

I am part of a team working on this project across the North West, I'll try and find out what the number of votes casted we need for our area.

Dave

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
Same here - it's BT or nothing where we are.  I've just voted and discovered that so far there have been only 20 votes from Marple, out of about 10,500 altogether.  Come on everyone, let's make an effort   ;D

alan@marple

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »
Well I can't have the luxury of a choice, there is only BT in the Lockside Area, it's not cabled

amazon

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »
So Why not change to virgin media its a super service been with them since it was cabled in the area
allso on free calls with them , but dont use them for tv . 

Neil Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »
With VM you are never more than about 300m from a fibre link that is why they can now give you faster BB as for BT its the closer the hub (next to the fire station) the faster your BB. Its the same for any other provider eg talk talk as they just rent the space of BT.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 02:58:01 PM »
Thanks for the info-I've voted now

Virgin media will be the first in this area .

alan@marple

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
Thanks for the info-I've voted now

jogger

BT Infinity in Marple
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »
It doesn't look like we will be getting "BT Infinity" new super fast broadband in the near future.

But if you cast your vote on the link below it might speed the process up,for us to get it.

http://www.racetoinfinity.bt.com/