Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: BT Infinity in Marple  (Read 16005 times)

jogger

Re: BT Infinity in Marple
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 09:36:15 PM »
Dave BT Infinity is for BT customers.

Tony  The fibre from the exchange goes direct to the "D Slam( digital subscriber line access multiplexer).that's where the fibre stops the rest is copper wire to your home via a drop wire or a UG feed. If you think it's fast enough now, it will be twice as fast, work colleagues who live in Denton where it's up and running are getting close to 40 meg.

If you already have broadband there is no need to worry about sockets etc because you already have them near your existing modem

Broughton exchange area was completed recently and now they have started doing fibre to premise, which means you will get fibre direct into your home via a fibre drop wire or fibre UG feed..

Miss Marple

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »
Is it as faster than all the others,  I have been told it's not but hope it is because I am sick of my provider

tonyjones

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »
I find the installation of BT infinity very intriguing !
It says on the BT web site;

We'll need to plug in your fibre modem into the master phone socket so please make sure you have two power sockets available next to it – if you don't, please have a power extension cable available.

Our BT land line is via an overhead cable from a telegraph pole so does this mean that they will either install on overhead fibre optic cable, or dig up the road and my garden to install an underground fibre optic cable.

As Jogger has posted, they have been istalling a lot of fibre optic cable, certainly around Station road but the nearest green cabinet (D slam - whatever that stands for !) is well over 100 yards away..

Apart from all that - the speed of my link to the Marple website is very good.

Dave

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
This is probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway.    ::)   Our landline and broadband are now with O2.  Will anyone with an ADSL (phone landline) broadband connection benefit from it, or is it just BT customers?  And presumably it doesn't apply to cable connections? 

jogger

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »
Quick update, not been on here for a while.

The main spine which comes from Woodley exchange to Marple exchange and ends at New Mills and onto Hayfield is more or less in, waiting on civils in a couple of places(but no big deal)

You mentined Church rd, the fibre is into the Cabinets near the college and the one near the Pineapple pub.

You will start noticing new "D slams" (green cabinets) springing up near existing ones, these are the fibre feeds.

Won't make any rash statements as to when it will be all up and running, but watch this space..

Any questions I will gladly answer if I can.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 12:12:13 AM »
So Why not change to virgin media its a super service been with them since it was cabled in the area
allso on free calls with them , but dont use them for tv . 
Ok until you have a complaint. Then you can forget it.

amazon

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
I have just typed my Mellor (Church Road)  postcode into the Cable.co.uk website which perports to give updated fibre availability.

It says that fibre is available NOW from, BT and Plusnet including BT infinity.
Interesting since as far as I am aware there has been no cable lying in our area and tha (copper) cable TV network stops 300yards short of Church Road. Never mind the fibre.

Anyone have any comments?
            Lot of work going on lower fold marple bridge area new boxes cables .etc even working today sun  .

alfred

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
I have just typed my Mellor (Church Road)  postcode into the Cable.co.uk website which perports to give updated fibre availability.

It says that fibre is available NOW from, BT and Plusnet including BT infinity.
Interesting since as far as I am aware there has been no cable lying in our area and tha (copper) cable TV network stops 300yards short of Church Road. Never mind the fibre.

Anyone have any comments?

jogger

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »
September 2011 :D

Dave

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »
Great news - we must have raised more votes than we thought!   :D

jogger

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
Hot off the press, they have just started planning the spine for BT Infinity for Marple, it will be fed from Woodley exchange.

So it won't be long before it's available to us.

Mr Marple

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
Voted.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »
Ive done it too :) though not sure its going to help considering we are only on 48 votes!!

Dave

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
Come on everybody, make this your 'new month resolution!'  ;D

mcfc

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
It doesn't look like we will be getting "BT Infinity" new super fast broadband in the near future.

But if you cast your vote on the link below it might speed the process up,for us to get it.

http://www.racetoinfinity.bt.com/

thanks for link. done