Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Mr Schaffer, Marple's Missing Teddy  (Read 2239 times)

movingtomarple

Re: Mr Schaffer, Marple's Missing Teddy
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »
Hi

Well, I'm pleased to report that this story has a happy ending. Mr Schaffer turned up last Thursday afternoon, and was found hanging over the canal in a gorse bush. We received a tip off from a girl who had seen him near Lock 7. It was a very close call indeed, and now he's not allowed to leave the house.

In our excitement we texted in to the Chris Evans' breakfast show on Radio 2 and he read out the good news - here's the link, http://t.co/WZ6zKNn

So a huge thank you to everyone who helped spread the word.

Mr Schaffer and family!

Howard

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:18:58 PM »
I understand that Mr Schaffer has been found and returned. However, he was found in great peril hanging in a bush over the canal. Lucky bear.

moonforest

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
Did Mr Schaffer turn up?

movingtomarple

Mr Schaffer, Marple's Missing Teddy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
Hello

My daughter has lost her favourite teddy (Mr Schaffer), someone who is incredibly important to her - much more important than her own parents!  Anyway, he was lost somewhere between Ludworth Primary, Brabyn's Car Park, up through the woods to the Canal and up to Winnington Road. He may well be lost at school, but it's been almost a week and we're getting desparate, as you can imagine.

Here's a link to the posters that are going up http://yfrog.com/fv99889614j

Typically, he was bought by an aunt when she was in Austria, so getting hold of a replacement is impossible. Attached is the poster that is going up on the route, so please keep your eyes peeled. There is a handsome reward for any information leading to the discovery of the bear.

Thanks
Steve