Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Norfolk Arms, Glossop  (Read 2865 times)

My login is Henrietta

Norfolk Arms, Glossop
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »
I know it's a bit off the beaten track but I had lunch at the Norfolk in the centre of Glossop today. Excellent. It's a Holts pub - can't comment on the beer because I don't drink it.

They do a number of special deals through the week but I usually go for the 2 courses and a drink for £10.25. Plenty of choice for first, main and pudding courses. Today I went for the "Mushroom, brie, hazelnut and cranberry wellington" in puff pastry (effectively a pasty and very yummy) with nicely cooked peas, carrots and fine french beans - these were fresh not frozen and properly cooked but with a slight "bite" as I like them - and a choice of potatoes and a creamy sauce. All accompanied by a glass of house white. To follow - "Eton Mess" - raspberries, strawberries and crushed meringue folded into whipped cream.

Reasonably sized portions, good presentation, young but efficient and cheerful staff and pleasant surroundings with no music.

We had Christmas lunch there last year and it was so good we'll probably do the same this year.