Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Anyone have a bus stop outside their house?  (Read 5214 times)

amazon

Re: Anyone have a bus stop outside their house?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »
Thank you .

jimblob

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »
kerbs were raised in 2006

amazon

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »
I bought the house, the road markings for the stop show it as not being in front of the house.... contravening GMPTE's design guidelines and misrepresenting where the stop is. The stop worked fine until it was upgraded to a "Quality bus corridor" and got raised kerbs. Now buses have to stop at the raised kerb and are unable to stop within the road markings and at the raised kerb. As for moving it along, there are no driveways for about 100 yards downstream of the stop so the stop doesn't need to block anyones driveway!
                 Can you tell me when they did the raised kerbs .

amazon

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
Reply 4 Who lives in romiley?
              Andrew stunnel .

jimblob

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
I bought the house, the road markings for the stop show it as not being in front of the house.... contravening GMPTE's design guidelines and misrepresenting where the stop is. The stop worked fine until it was upgraded to a "Quality bus corridor" and got raised kerbs. Now buses have to stop at the raised kerb and are unable to stop within the road markings and at the raised kerb. As for moving it along, there are no driveways for about 100 yards downstream of the stop so the stop doesn't need to block anyones driveway!

sooty2

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
Reply 4 Who lives in romiley?

amazon

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »
if you mean that money shouldn't be spent moving a bus stop either, the stop in question contravenes GMPTE's own design guidelines, yet GMPTE refuse to do anything about it. My opinion (and it is of course only that), is that where a mistake has been made, it should be corrected, rather than the spending of more money on seemingly unnecessary upgrades to assets that are already functioning perfectly well.  :P
              Gmpte have nothing to do with bus stops or kerbs . the man to contack is TONY GUNTER OF STOCKPORT MBC .

Taurus

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 09:22:32 AM »
which bus stop are you talking about? If the stop has always been there then why did you buy the house in the first place?

amazon

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:22 PM »
.... even though it could easily be moved a few yards along and not have to affect anybody? :P
Er, do you mean "they" should move it from outside your house to outside someone else's?
            They wont move it .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
.... even though it could easily be moved a few yards along and not have to affect anybody? :P
Er, do you mean "they" should move it from outside your house to outside someone else's?

amazon

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »
i Have for some twelve months been trying to have two bus stop kerbs hired for easy axcess. both are near the top of compstall road near the windsor castle even andrew stunnel hase been involved with this . the latest reply i have had . there is now now money avaiable for the hireing of any bus kerbs in
  stockport . if you go through romiley every bus stop has been hired for easy acess the money thats been spent in romiley not only on bus kerbs but footpaths must be hundreds of thousands  [ not going to mention seventeen windows ] who lives in romiley .

jimblob

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
if you mean that money shouldn't be spent moving a bus stop either, the stop in question contravenes GMPTE's own design guidelines, yet GMPTE refuse to do anything about it. My opinion (and it is of course only that), is that where a mistake has been made, it should be corrected, rather than the spending of more money on seemingly unnecessary upgrades to assets that are already functioning perfectly well.  :P

jimblob

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Andy, unsure why you've linked the two items?

andy+kirsty

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »
for a crossing that was already there that was for me as a cyclist perfectly usable. We can blow £150k on a new crossing but we can't fill in the pot holes we already have.

Can I refer the gentleman to his own statement above, which was taken from another thread.

A

jimblob

Anyone have a bus stop outside their house?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »